We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook connect not working for some users | Forum

Kostas
Kostas Dec 14 '14
Hi,

Before I post this I really look all arounf for a possible hint what that might cause it.

The site is at www.apollon-chania.eu and it is community place for our cafe's clients. 

I have around 20 users (made a few days ago...) and 2 of them cannot login with facebook login having this error (took the picture from another topic but was not solution to me)

We tried the following:

From the same computer logged in successfully 2 users that don't have problem with facebook connect but when a third user that cannot connect successfully try he fails. we tried a lot of times. I even repair the database, install, reinstall uninstall the plugin. I even change the facebook app and again the same - two of the test users can login through facebook login but the third cannot (the same all the time)

Please advice - I hope I was as much detailed as I could, I am willing to provide you for more information at your request.

www.apollon-chania.eu

Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Dec 14 '14
Try after 24 hours again.
ross Team
ross Dec 14 '14
Kostas, I successfully registered at your website via FB connect. 

I was wondering - does it matter in what order those 3 user try to connect? or is it just 3rd user who gets this error I mean any of them gets this error if this user is the 3rd one?

Kostas
Kostas Dec 15 '14

Hi Durlabh, its been more than 24 hours :(

Hi ross,

No, does not matter the order. It is strange though ... the particular user was created before the plugin installation but other users that were created before can connect via facebook connect. I can arrange with the user to change the credentials with temporary ones in order to give them to you to test.

I thought it might be possible to be some security settings in facebook that might prevent her for connecting through facebook but I could find any.

IS IT possible some setting on the facebook app that stands the api key to prevent her from connecting?

p.s. thank you for the responce!

Best regards,

Kostas

Kostas
Kostas Dec 15 '14
new user tried to connect (sign in), same error with sign in... 
joey
joey Dec 15 '14
Same problem here.  Get same error when trying to use Facebook Connect.
ross Team
ross Dec 15 '14
So it is just that user, right?

Is it possible to have the access details for Facebook of that user? Please PM 

Don't forget to disable security check on Facebook. 

Kostas
Kostas Dec 16 '14
Hi ross,

Once again, thank you for the help.

Unfortunately, now I realize that new users when they try to sign in for first time, they have the same problem but not all of them.

I will PM you today with details in order to check.

Best regards,

Kostas

ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Alright, keep us updated.