We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Avatar - Apply Crop spinning for ever | Forum

Fernando
Fernando Dec 16 '14
After selecting a photo or browsing for one on my local machine will display the photo allowing me to select an area to crop. The problem is, after selecting an area (or just keeping it as is) the Apply Crop button shows a spinning sync icon. This stays there for ever and if I close it, my avatar shows empty with a question mark.

Thanks for any help.

Oxwall 1.7.2

Ethos theme

ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Please try that on the default theme, as we cannot reproduce that neither on demo or test websites. Check if the issue persists. 
Fernando
Fernando Dec 16 '14
Thank you for your reply.

Changed theme to Oxwall The Origin theme and its doing the same. 

The Forum post is edited by Fernando Dec 16 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Fernando, can you please open your website in the firefox open firebug console and do the steps you described above and see if there's any error. If there's, please provide a screenshot or the error itself. See this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting

Also, please enable debug mode, probably there's some error as well

Fernando
Fernando Dec 16 '14
Here is a screen shot

Attachments:
  screen001.jpg (1006Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Fernando, please enable error reporting on your server and repeat the steps
Fernando
Fernando Dec 16 '14

Enabled error reporting and debug mode. I don't see errors but if I expand some of the ajax-responder I see these:{"result":true,"url":"http:\/\/www.photopr.com\/ow_userfiles\/plugins\/base\/avatars\/tmp\/avatar_original_5490266b69ec4.jpg"}Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5388 bytes) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/b679/ipw.photoprc/public_html/ow_libraries/wideimage/TrueColorImage.php on line 54

Fernando
Fernando Dec 16 '14
I'm trying with an image of 47kb and it will not change the avatar. But if I tried with an image with 14kb I don't have problems. I though that this tool would create an avatar by doing a resize and crop of the image no matter what size the original is. 
ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Yes, you're correct about the cropping feature. 

As to the error - You need to increase your php memory limit. 

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 26 '15

the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

http:///...screen_info_open.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

ross Team
ross Aug 26 '15
Ebenezer, first of all your post host nothing to do with the title of the topic, next time create a separate post with your issue. Second and most important, please do the search on the forum, this issue been already discussed a bunch of times. 
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 27 '15
Hello Ross,

Thanks for the quick reply. However, my issue has everything to do with this topic. When a user clicks apply crop, it spins forever. Inspecting the element on console gave me the above code.

Regards

ross Team
ross Aug 28 '15
Do the search on the forum with the keyword: 403 or Forbidden
Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Dec 3 '16
I faced problem of CROP AVATAR FAILED. Please advise how to resolve this issue.
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
Mian, hello,  you will need to start a new topic please.  
Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Dec 5 '16
Dear Dave,

I Think you forget to see above question started from "Fernando". My question is relevant to above one.

dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
Mian his issue was spinning avatar process, yours is avatar failed, it is totally different issue. 

Also if you had done a search on google for your issue you would have found several posts on the subject 

If you have further comments please start a new topic. 

Actually Mian hold off on that, we do not offer support for people that illegally remove the Oxwall attribution on their sites.  So until you replace the attribution or do so legally we wont be offering you any further assistance.  Sorry... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 5 '16
andi surya
andi surya Jul 22 '20
Just answer the question please