We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User Role | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idea
idea Nov 6 '10
Dear,
there is utility of giving admin authority in admin panel to any user..
There is also a button "Change Role" visible to each administrator when he/she visits to any user's profile where he/she can set categories of users. But I as a administrator didn't found any option to give a user admin privileges. if its not there it should be considered as a development feature.

Bjorn
Bjorn Nov 6 '10
This can be done in admin panel.
Privacy & permission --> User role.
There can you add a admin or just a moderator user :)
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '10
Bjorn is right.
David Rhodes
David Rhodes Sep 21 '11
I seem to be having a problem.   I am trying to make a second person have administrative options, the admin tab on their options.    I have looked in the admin Panel/privacy & permissions/User Role of the primary administrator set up during installation.   I see an option to define new user levels, I see a way to go to manage what the level offers.   I do not see a way to offer any of the levels administrative power and I do not see the option to set other individuals to administrator level.   What am I not seeing?   How do I give a user administrative powers? Sorry for my ignorance.
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Sep 21 '11
Hi David,

Admin Area -> Permission & Privacy -> Moderators -> Scroll down to "Add New Moderator", input the username, that's it. After the user added to the Moderator list, check the "Admin" to authorize the privilege.
Quote from David Rhodes I seem to be having a problem.   I am trying to make a second person have administrative options, the admin tab on their options.    I have looked in the admin Panel/privacy & permissions/User Role of the primary administrator set up during installation.   I see an option to define new user levels, I see a way to go to manage what the level offers.   I do not see a way to offer any of the levels administrative power and I do not see the option to set other individuals to administrator level.   What am I not seeing?   How do I give a user administrative powers? Sorry for my ignorance.

David Rhodes
David Rhodes Sep 21 '11
Oh, thank you very much.