We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unable to Edit text in welcome widget[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Gary Sicard
Gary Sicard Dec 21 '14
I have tried unsuccessfully to edit the "Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!" message on the home page.  I edit and change to text that I want but am unable to save the info. When I click on Save nothing happens.

I even found the text in the database and changed it but it still shows the old message after cleaning cache.

So - any ideas why my widget customize for this widget will not save? I tried Firefox and IE 12.
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 21 '14
Gary Sicard
Gary Sicard Dec 21 '14
Excellent! That did it.
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
Williams thanks for sharing the solution for the issue. 

Gary, you will need to contact plugin developer directly to resolve this issue. 

Gary Sicard
Gary Sicard Dec 22 '14
Thank Ross.  I may just use another editor.  I wonder why tinyMCE is not built in as the default editor for oxwall. Its seems quite good and stable.  Anyway, this is solved so admin can mark it resolved and close the topic.
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
Because there are already a lot of different options in the store so creating a wheel is not a good idea. 

However you can post your suggestion on uservoice here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall , if it gets enough votes, we'll consider implementing it.