We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall 1.7.2 mailbox plugin | Forum

UTAN
UTAN Dec 24 '14
Ok,
So I been hunting down why my site is posting 15 as content..
I find out that when you have the mailbox plugin set for mail only and you send no subject and content and you submit the message it goes true..
You get a subject as 1 in the subject line, and as content a 15..

It only happens with mail only is set in setting not mixed mail and chats..

Now here is the kicker, the message posts only if you account isnt the admin account ..
If you want to test here in Oxwall site, send a message and it will post..
So the bug exists but if you try as admin it won't happen..
You will get an error saying that a subject is needed..

Please if you check please make sure you maibox setting is only mails and you use a regular account..
Also , don't set debug mode in your config.php the bug won't show ...
The Forum post is edited by UTAN Dec 24 '14
Attachments:
  message_bug.jpg (75Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 25 '14
Utan, we cannot reproduce that. Both users are not admins and we switched to the mail mode only. 

See screenshot: 

we get the error "Subject is empty"

ross Team
ross Dec 25 '14
Utan, we cannot reproduce that. Both users are not admins and we switched to the mail mode only. 

See screenshot: 

we get the error "Subject is empty"

UTAN
UTAN Dec 25 '14
UTAN
UTAN Dec 25 '14
As you can see above it does..
UTAN
UTAN Dec 25 '14
Also I have specified that it occurs on Maibox only setting.. that demos has mixed chat and mail..
UTAN
UTAN Dec 25 '14
There is something very peculiar with Oxwall demo and my backup image of my site..

Oxwall demo is running 1.7.2 a swell me , but if see closely there is some differences from Ross mail form pic and mine..

My regular user account doesn't have options to compose the message , the buttons aren't there..
Same Oxwall version and the most uptodate plugin..

Any comment on that..?

ross Team
ross Dec 26 '14
As you can see from the screenshots I use mail mode only still cannot reproduce the issue with 1/15 instead of the content and subject of the message. 

We could however reproduce the empty message issue. We'll pass it to our developers. It will be fixed asap.