We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

permissions problem - Paid Membership | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 28 '14
yours get permissions problems once they come off a payed subscription 

on going back to normal they cant view messages and lots of pages that they should be able to see as normal user 

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 12 '15
Dear Tammy,

Sorry, but it's not quite clear. Could you please describe the problem in more details.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 12 '15
2 rolls free and payed

free can view page a, b, c 
payed can view page a, b, c, d

once come off payed membership and return back to free 

user can not see page a, b, c  unless they upgrade again 

all the stuff they should be able to do on free they can not do says you dont have enough permission to new pages
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 16 '15
Tammy, there are no options to hide/show pages according to membership types. If the action, let's say, Add photo is available to Free role - a user with this role/membership will be able to add photo. All services/actions are mentioned on the User Roles page: http://domain.com/admin/permissions/roles. So, I am still a bit puzzled about what exactly your concerns are. Please specify.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 16 '15
u got to be kidding me how much more easy do u need me enplane it 
free roll can add photos 
payed can add photos and remove comments 
after the subscripton finishes and user go from payed to free they can not add photos 

in fact they can nor do anything it say you do not have permission on just about everything

do you understand now 

if a member comes off a paged subscription they can not do anything that a free member should  

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 16 '15

Tammy, sorry, but you were talking about the access to the site pages, but not actions like adding content and this has confused me. Oxwall has option to set the limit to the actions only. That's why I've asked you to provide more info. Now, I see that you are talking about the actions. Thank you for the explanation.

We have checked your report at our demo and here is the result:

We have two roles: Free and VIP

Free role allows to upload photos, but does not allow to upload videos.

VIP roll allows to upload both photo and video.

User A had Free role. They could upload photo, but could not upload video.

User A upgraded their account to VIP and could upload both photos and videos.

User A downgraded to Free and couldn' t upload videos, but still can upload photos.

Is this what you are talking about? If so, but it does not work the way I've described - please provide me with your site admin access details, so I could check your membership settings.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Jan 16 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 17 '15
no in that way you say the user after downgrade can not view the video page or upload photo page or just about any page it say you dont have enough permisions to view this page please upgrade  or somthing close to that 

i will set up an account to get the error il im you the details 
but wont be for few weeks im so bussy
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 6 '15

Tammy, please provide me with the screenshots of the following pages:

- Paid Membership plugin settings;

- Role permissions management page;

Also, we will appreciate if you provide us with the step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this issue. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 6 '15
1 user upgrades there account 
2 one month latter there membership expires
3 they can do anything that a free member can 
6 they have to upgrade again to be able to use any of the site 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 1 '15
Tammy, you've described the way the Roles and Paid Membership plugin are working. Could you provide us with the screenshots of the following pages:

- Paid Membership plugin settings;

- Role permissions management page;

Also, we will appreciate if you provide us with the step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this issue. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 2 '15
forget it if this is to hard for u to work out these no way you will be able to manage fixing the other problem with this and user credits 
You do not have permission to reply this topic