We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Attention Plugin Developers | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 4 '15
+1
Quote from Fred
Quote from S.Williams
Quote from Oxwall Accessories They gave up building things for people who have no patience. You guys are too hard on the developers. No one seems to understand how opensource software truly works. People are becoming way too demanding and entitled over $20 bucks. 

I agree with you 100%, but only when it comes to Oxwall itself or any free plugins/themes.

Is it to much to ask of a developer, that when their selling a plugin or theme to make sure they are going to be able to offer support in a timely manner, that won't take months to sort out?

I totally get that things will never work perfectly and that Dev's have other projects aside from Oxwall, but having to wait 2 or 3 months for a fix, a fix for something you paid for, is pretty extreme.

The Open Source Definition

Guys - not sure where the message got turned, but this is not a thread asking for support or how long to wait for support.

This thread was about wanting to buy plugins, especially for forum enhancements. 

Developers - I want to spend money for good plugins; and I want to spend money for my top request of forum enhancements. Don't get bogged down on anything anyone else has said here; different matter.

Now, create, make, do your thing and I want to spend money for it!

Thank you....

Fred
Fred Feb 7 '15
+ 2
Fred
Fred Feb 19 '15
Would really love to see those forum enhancements plugins still! My wallet is waiting to spend for some.

Fred
Fred Feb 20 '15
Here would be some good options in the forum in case we have a developer out there wondering what to include:

Hyperlinks to newest in an info area:

Ability to add pics to visually spice it up:

On the category, hyper links:

Polls, badges, cool things like PM, contact under poster, etc>>>

Rating the topics: 

Bottom of page for the topic, forum post options:

Adding message Icons:

Just some thoughts here!

The Forum post is edited by Fred Feb 20 '15
Fred
Fred Feb 23 '15

Quote from Fred Would really love to see those forum enhancements plugins still! My wallet is waiting to spend for some.

+1 and 2 even 5... LOL

Great_Day
Great_Day Feb 28 '15

Quote from Fred
Quote from Fred Would really love to see those forum enhancements plugins still! My wallet is waiting to spend for some.

+1 and 2 even 5... LOL

I see where you are going at. The thing is, you have probably no clue what it costs to make customizations. This is really time consuming. Developers may have seen the chances, but also see that the demand in amount of users is not very high. 

Let's give you an example of what I mean; The customization that you would like to (taking post #25), would cost about 600 dollars (time * hour rate) at least. If you put in the market for 20 dollars, you would need at least 30 people to get to the number you would hope for. 30 people is a lot. 30 people that would like to spend 20 dollars is even harder.

The last thing I would like to add is the following: Oxwall doesn't have a well documented guide with all the hooks and structure in it. I am familiar with PHP and mysql (on which the software is based on), but still have issues sorting stuff out. Yet, I am not giving up and would like to create a ton of plugins and themes for Oxwall.  

Pages: « 1 2