We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Over 3,000 members. I need better hosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Forum

Cle
Cle Jan 2 '12
Hello,  I have over 3,000 very active members but the hosting with A2Hosting Sucks. 
My site is always down and I need reliable hosting because when the site is down - I LOOSE MONEY. And members.

I currently have a VPS plan with A2 Hosting. 
Is there a better plan out there that can support oxwall?
I am afraid to advertise right now because it is a waist when the site is always down.

Thank You

Den Team
Den Jan 3 '12
My congratulations Cle!
3000 active members is a really good result. As for hosting resources, I would suggest you to move to a dedicated server with installing "Optimization pack". 
Optimization pack is:
nginx setup
-
 eAccelerator

You can setup these tools by yourself or hire additional person. Such tools will increase a lot of your dedicated server resources, speed up site 
responsibilities and allow to save some money on the hosting.
Cle
Cle Jan 3 '12
Thank You very much Addenster.
Perry
Perry Jan 4 '12
I have mine hosted over on Thexyz Server and sometimes get 20000+ visits in one day. We power email from the same VPS server no problem. 
The Forum post is edited by Den Feb 21 '12
Ekko
Ekko Feb 17 '12
I would suggest speaking with the people at liquidweb.com , I have hosting accounts with 4 companies, and have dealt with just about everyone through client work. Liquid has been able to handle everything I throw at them flawlessly, and I use it for every high traffic site that we host.
Mark
Mark Feb 19 '12
im currently with servint on their basic VPS for $49/month and load rarely goes over 5 at peak and usually at below 1 for most of the day, my site has 2000+ members and gets about 12k unique visitors a month 
Irwan
Irwan Feb 28 '12
What's your site? Let me take a look!
Joseph
Joseph Feb 29 '12
do you think arvixe vps would be able to support our site at 8 thousand or more? that's what I'm thinking about transferring to
Warren C
Warren C Feb 29 '12
You can try this awesome hosting service Their  reliable and secure Linux and Windows hosting plans are designed to fit your needs with multiple data centers, lightning-fast connections, and free tools to get you online. Host a single site or up to 50 sites within a single plan. It's easy to get started and manage your new site! Each package comes with email accounts too!
Joseph
Joseph Mar 1 '12
but if they suck do we get a money back guarantee?
Warren C
Warren C Mar 1 '12
If you have issues contact support@chupz.com  and they'll issue you a refund if the problem can't fixed.
Joseph
Joseph Mar 1 '12
well we are looking for dependability,speed,and compatibility for our site we aren't here to be just some site that pokes around with teh idea of social networking we want to take our oxwall site to the top so that being said we hate downtime and slow servers the most
Warren C
Warren C Mar 2 '12
I understand! That is why you need Chupz. 
Allysha
Allysha Mar 2 '12
I don't think shared hosting would be great for you
can you imagine the other clients in the same server, if cpu load very high ?
you need cloud hosting with dedicated resources
for 3000 members, I suggest you to using vservercenter, drivespace, enzu or volumedrive with minimum 2 cpu cores
they are not reseller, the have own facility
The Forum post is edited by Allysha Mar 2 '12
Den Team
Den Mar 5 '12
I would advise to look for some cloud hosting. This is the best way to host high load sites in our days. There are two options with cloud:

1) Host static files like photos, css, js on cloud storage (Oxwall already supports it)

2) Host whole software on cloud application server. 

Joseph
Joseph Mar 6 '12
Addenster if need be could we use you for consulting when we make our move to see that we get teh best service for a decent price?
Christian
Christian Mar 6 '12
can you transfer dolphin 7 members over to oxwall, l used to have a dolphin site with over 20,000 members would really like to transfer the database over to oxwall site 
Joseph
Joseph Mar 7 '12
what about google cloud servers? can we use them? and if so how as there seems to be no document on it
Den Team
Den Mar 7 '12
@joseph

Sorry, but I can't directly assist you with such migration due to extreme time overhead. But I always response you here on any specific questions. 

@Christian

I believe there are a lot of third party developers for dolphin who can assist you with such migration. The good news that such migration tool can be shared with others on our store for free or as a paid option. 

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 7 '12
Oxwall the best social networking site...! Dolphin => Go to => Oxwall
Pages: 1 2 »