We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Themes in Public Domain? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shou Winn
Shou Winn Jan 2 '15
Hi as Oxwall Software is Open Source, does this include the themes the Oxwall Team created?

To the point: 
- I want to use a background used in one of Oxwalls Themes to make a Logo for my Site but I am unaware if it is allowed to do so?  Is it in the public domain or only allowed to be used in Oxwall Software and only that alone?

Thanks in advance and Much Love,
Shou
The Forum post is edited by Shou Winn Jan 2 '15
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Jan 3 '15
Hello Shou,

If you want to any part of oxwall in your own custom projects, then general License is here .I suggest you to check out all the policies.

Pete
Pete Jan 3 '15
I should think so you or allowed to edit any theme ,so there is no copyright on any of the themes by oxwall 
Shou Winn
Shou Winn Jan 4 '15
Thanks for you guys help, I really appreciate the feedback! :)
ross Team
ross Jan 4 '15
If you're going to use the background within Oxwall software then you're allowed to do that, if you're going to use it on some 3rd party software, then no. 
Shou Winn
Shou Winn Jan 5 '15
Hey Ross, thanks for your feedback.  I was going to use it to make a Cover Photo for the Facebook page and YouTube page that promotes our site using Oxwall Software.  Is that against the terms of service?  I've read the policies but it didn't seem to be against them.  If I was to put Oxwall software logo on the Cover Photos, would that work?
ross Team
ross Jan 5 '15
Shou in this case you're free to do that. 
Shou Winn
Shou Winn Jan 7 '15
Alright cool!  Thanks again for your help Ross, it is really appreciated! 
:)
ross Team
ross Jan 7 '15
You're welcome.