We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Reset function - Two Factor Authentification | Forum

Luis A C Silva
Luis A C Silva Jan 6 '15

The third button (reset) is totally unnecessary in my opinion. There is already a function to enable and disable, then what is the reset function, since by clicking the button reset, nothing happens. A message appears in the German language that is not described in the lines of translation of this plugin.

This button below what I mean

Reset - Like "New Secret" but you have to update the secret in the App Which you use to verify your login.

QR CODE - Shows all inforamtion which you need for the Authentication app on your smartphone. ( does not work )

Has anyone noticed this or am I wrong?

Mr. Luis Costa

The Forum post is edited by Luis A C Silva Jan 6 '15
Mike
Mike Jan 8 '15
Hey,

the third button makes  all verified logins invalid without updating the secret in the authenitcation app.
There is a misstake in the language file.

I will also replace the message in german with a messag that describe more exactly what happened and what you have to do.

I am sorry but i cant reproduce the bug with the qr code and i dont know why it doesnt work.
Is the loading bar still visible after you clicked on it?

Mike
Luis A C Silva
Luis A C Silva Jan 8 '15
Thank you. The loading bar appeared a thin stripe but nothing inside.
Mike
Mike Jan 9 '15
Okay the it would ne perfect if you could turn on The debug mode in your config file.<br/>
Then you Can show after the request with the developer tools (F12) ans send me the error message<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
Then i could help you an fix the bug.<br/>
When needed i Can make a vid with all steps for you.

Edit:
Or send me your log file after you tried to open the qr Code.
The Forum post is edited by Mike Jan 9 '15
Luis A C Silva
Luis A C Silva Jan 9 '15
There appears no mistake. I have debug mode enabled. The attached image shows you the thin bar.
Attachments:
  erro.gif (71Kb)
Mike
Mike Jan 14 '15
Hey,

The error appears at an ajax call in javascript.
So you only see it if you scan all network traffic with the developer tools from your browser (mostly by pressing F12)

You could also try to reinstall the plugin which could solve the problem.
You do not have permission to reply this topic