We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove Custom HTML widget [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bas Leijgraaff
Bas Leijgraaff Jan 7 '15

Hi!

I tried to add an image to the main page (yoursite.com/index/) with a custom HTML widget.

Now the image shows up, but it's too big. So big that the image is now covering the little X which removes the widget from the page (see the attached image).

How can I delete the widget? Or reload the page to defaults?
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 8 '15
bobbi
bobbi Jan 7 '15
one way you can do it is to disable javascipt, button top right of page, but if you do this it will move every widget to the available widgets, you will have to put everything back after, i had to do this once when i had a bad code it was the only way i could remove it 
Bas Leijgraaff
Bas Leijgraaff Jan 7 '15
Hi Bobbi, it's not working!
ross Team
ross Jan 7 '15
Bas, when you click on customize this page, try to drag-and-drop the widget to the Top Content Area, probably this way you can have the 'x' button back. 

if this won't work for you either go to your database via phpmyadmin to the ow_base_component_setting table and locate the widget content there, then you can remove it or edit to something else

Bas Leijgraaff
Bas Leijgraaff Jan 8 '15
Quote from ross Bas, when you click on customize this page, try to drag-and-drop the widget to the Top Content Area, probably this way you can have the 'x' button back. 

if this won't work for you either go to your database via phpmyadmin to the ow_base_component_setting table and locate the widget content there, then you can remove it or edit to something else

Thank you Ross! The first part didn't work, but the second part (through phpMyAdmin) worked perfectly!
ross Team
ross Jan 8 '15
Great. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then.