We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Signup Form in landing page? | Forum

Romin
Romin Jan 9 '15
Hello Folks,

How can i put a signup form in the landing page together with signin form like facebook?

Thank you!!!

The Forum post is edited by Romin Jan 9 '15
Romin
Romin Jan 10 '15
I need this please someone help!!!!
ross Team
ross Jan 11 '15
First of all go here: www.yoursite.com/admin/pages/manage and drag and drop Join page to the first place, if you don't understand that, please read the manual: https://docs.oxwall.org/user-manual:pages-and-menus

Then you need to go to ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers/join_index.html file and insert this component {component class="BASE_CMP_SignIn" ajax="1"}

This way you'll have a sign-in popup somewhere between the join form elements, you can copy and paste higher or lower, until you achieve the desired results. 

Please remember, that all modifications done in the files will be overwritten while next update of the software. You do that on your own risk. 

Romin
Romin Jan 15 '15
But i don't want the sign in page inside join page....I want join page inside sign in page.
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Jan 15 '15
Romin, what you would like to achieve requires custom code modifications.
From what I understood you would like to have a landing page ( your index page) and within that page you want to have 2 blocks:

1. Sign in block with 2 fields: username/password
2. Join block: part of the join page fields ( username/pass/email/select account type)
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Jan 15 '15
Romin
Romin Jan 15 '15
Currently my landing page is default login page, i only want to add join block inside this page to look like facebook.
Can you please tell me what code modification i need? I am not very new to programming.

Thanks!

ross Team
ross Jan 16 '15
Also you may consider buying this plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/601
Wilson
Wilson Jan 16 '15
hey Romin,

Take a look at these files...I think its what you looking for in regards to coding.

ow_system_plugins_base/views/components/sign_in.html
ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers/join_index.html

Wilson

ps. I don't like Third Party plugins as they don't update when Oxwall updates there core.  Custom code modifications is the way to go. But remember what Ross said....All modifications done to any file will be overwritten on the next core update of the software.

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 16 '15
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.