We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Change of IP address | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dominick
Dominick Jan 17 '15
My IP address changed recently and several of my 3rd party plug-ins licenses no longer function. A fellow Oxwall user mentioned  have to update it with the Oxwall store.

How do I change or notify the Oxwall of my NEW IP address?

ross Team
ross Jan 18 '15
Go to the store/ my purchases, near the license you will have a reset button, click on it. 
Dennis
Dennis Jun 14 '15
Have the same problem, but I installed Oxwall manually. Can't believe that oxwall actually hard codes the location of the oxwall installation in several php and html files. I was able to change my IP back, and there might be better solutions, but if not, you might want to do it manually. The following approach might work. in a terminal window, visit your oxwall install web-root. search for the IP or hard-coded location (e.g.: grep -R 10.0.0.15 *). Then change all these occurrences. You might want to test if it works. If not, I guess it also embeds the location in the database. Log in into the database, search for the same pattern (using SQL for instance) and alter these as well. Then it should work. 

In any case, when someone opens oxwall admin page and the configured location is not correct, it should (immediately) show an admin login and maintenance option to alter the location.oxwall should need to do the update of configuration. How can oxwall ever be considered into a decent DTAP-structure if we cannot just copy the site to a different base location? 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 14 '15
i have changed servers and ip few time never had any problems