We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove Column 1 And Resize Column 2 - [Answered ] | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jan 21 '15
I wish to remove column 1 and replace it with column 2 to fill the area where column 1 resided at. How would  I go about doing this and where?

See my attachment

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Feb 13 '15
Attachments:
  column-1.jpg (178Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 21 '15
Wilson, to do what you're trying to achieve is considered as a custom code modification. 

Why don't you put all your widgets in the top content area? 

Wilson
Wilson Jan 22 '15
Hey Ross,

Actually I just closed them all and now I just want the "newsfeed" area to be bigger that would take over column 1 area. Ok you can move this to custom code modification area, I still need this to happen...so pointing me in the right area would b great Ross.

see attachment

Thank again for you on going support, really means a lot!

Wilson
Attachments:
  nu-column.jpg (131Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15
Wilson, if you drag and drop your newsfeed to the Top Content area, it will occupy the whole width of the content page above the column 1 and column 2

If you still want to get rid of column 2, this is a custom code modification. I'll move your post to the custom code modification section. 

Wilson
Wilson Jan 22 '15
Hey Ross,

Thanks again....well I tried that but that's not going to work with the client wishes...so go ahead and move this to "custom code modification" section. I'm using Inspect Element and Fire Bug but I just can't figure it out...been looking at the css and changing thing around but no luck..need help.

Just to make it clear, I wish to remove column 1...then move column 2 over.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 26 '15
ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Wilson
Wilson Feb 11 '15
Still looking for help on this issue, ay help would b great!

Wilson
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Feb 12 '15
What about using following CSS:

.ow_wide {
display:none; }

This will hide the left section.

.ow_narrow {
width: 100%;}

This will make the right section wider.

Alternatively you can play around with % values:

.ow_wide {
width: 20%; }
.ow_narrow {
width: 80%;}

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Feb 12 '15
Wilson
Wilson Feb 13 '15
hey Oxwall Tips,

Thanks for the pointer...yes it does work but it takes out a lot of things as well. But I can get around that...thank for the help!

Wilson