We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Who's your preferred host? | Forum

bobbi
bobbi Oct 15 '15
i am with arvixe but am now having doubts,   my biggest concern now with arvixe is the lack of support since the buy out by eig, they have no support forum now people are waiting days for tickets to be answered often with no resolution  they have to resort to twitter to get answers i fear this is the end for arvixe i am dreading my server having problems i have always stuck up for arvixe in the past but eig have destroyed them 
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Oct 16 '15
Err... what's a eig?
bobbi
bobbi Oct 16 '15
Eig is The company that bought arvixe last year
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Oct 16 '15
Do you know any more about the company? Eig?
bobbi
bobbi Oct 16 '15
it was all over arvixe support forums but now they have removed the support forum, people are resorting to using facebook or twitter to get tickets answered, from what i have read most of the arvixe staff have been sacked, this is how eig work they buy a sucessful webhost and destoy it, eig own hostgator, blue host and i have read they have just bought site5 they own i think around 60 web hosting companies now, 

this is one link that is worth a read https://www.reviewhell.com/...group-arvixe-buyout/

and this one http://www.webhostingtalk.com/...page=2&p=9547194

the above link has a post from a ex arvixe staff member, 

hopefully arvixe will come through the current mess they are in, i have always found arvixe to be excellent but with recent events i am not so sure, i am dreading the server i am on having issues as it can take over a week to get a ticket answered, i have read the twitter page people are posting ticket numbers there and are saying in some cases sites are down for over a week no response to tickets this company eig seems to be slowly destroying arvixe which is a shame

The Forum post is edited by bobbi Oct 16 '15
bobbi
bobbi Oct 17 '15
Eig also own blue host and site 5 which along with arvixe are the three recommended hosts they own about 60 hosting companies and no doubt more will be bought by them, Eig own hostgator as well
bobbi
bobbi Oct 17 '15
it does look like they are trying to sort things https://support.arvixe.com the post explains that are training new staff etc etc but time will tell i have always found them good so we will see but with eigs reputation .............
Dominick
Dominick Oct 18 '15
I have on account with arvixe now and 3 with Host for Web. I have to say Arvixe has gone completely down hill. They Blow. Right now my site is down and I cant get through to anyone for 4 hours. They reduced their phone support for 6:AM to 4:AM Mon-Fri. Been waiting for online support for 4 hours. Cant login to ticket system. I am so pissed off right now that I am pulling out of them. I was going to set up a VPS with them but after this, no way. Recently I've had support issue and their staff sucks. 

Host for Web may not have phone support but the support is good. You have to deal with their ticket system but they are responsive and have always resolved the issue.

I also tried to set up a VPS with them and migrated my Oxwall site to them and it kept crashing every 5 minutes requiring a manual restart by them. They sais they were ot the cause. I took a large VPS package and my site runs better on a minimal plan with Host for Web. They SUCK!!!!

I'm done with Arvixe and I agree they should be removed as recommended. 

Tom
Tom Oct 19 '15
I have had a lot of nightmare's and screaming matches with both my hosting and domain registration companies, both of which I am dumping in the future.

I currently use Arvixe for hosting. The problem I have with Arvixe is their server's are overloaded with other people's abusive sites which have caused severe speed problems for my site. It got so bad I have had to request my entire site be moved to another server. This was after an entire year of bad service, it wasn't fixed until I pointed it out, several times. I shouldn't have to point anything out. If I am paying them, they should be on top of it.

My Doman is 1and1.com Half their staff doesn't speak english so it's kinda a crap shoot when I pick up the phone and call them. I'll be switching to GoDaddy in a few months (stupid FCC rules or I would switch sooner).

Sean
Sean Oct 20 '15
I'm currently running on a bare Ubuntu VPS from OVH.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Oct 20 '15

Quote from Chris_W Tom All my eight domains are registered with and controlled from Enom Central never had any problems with them, been with them for years. They have provided a comprehensive and trouble free service.
Are you using shared hosting or paying big bucks for something better?  Is it enom or dreamhost?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Steve Winter Oct 20 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 1 '15
Arvixe is no longer suggested by Oxwall.
Ajith Joseph
Ajith Joseph Nov 1 '15
we are providing oxwall perfect hosting . 

www.serverorbits.com .. try it 

Dominick
Dominick Nov 2 '15
Well, I just got my one website off of Arvixe. It seems since they were acquired by another company and they just suck now. I've had too many problems to list here. I now have all my sites hosted with HostForWeb. I just upgraded to a Cloud server this past weekend and while there were a few issues, the support team resolved everything. They don't have phone support but, use a ticket system and they are very responsive. I have all 4 sites migrated to the new cloud server including my Oxwall site.

I don't know why HostforWeb is no longer on the recommended hosting list but, they should be. I was really looking to move to a host with phone support but, they have done such a good job and because of all my issues with Arvixe, I decided to stick with them and I'm very glad I did. 

Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson Nov 3 '15
Hi Dominick,

Yes, I also read in many blogs for example http://bit.ly/1VNo3w6 and http://bit.ly/1H9Zy5K, EIG has purchased their business and they are going to the ground. I also hope they will fix the issue as soon as possible. 

Yevhen
Yevhen Nov 20 '15
Google Cloud is the best! Can take ANY load. But also You have to pay for this load =) I use ifast.net - it's OK.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Nov 21 '15
Arvixe has been working fine for me (so far)
Zaid
Zaid Jun 12 '23

When purchasing hosting, consider the following three points:

1. Reliability and Uptime: Choose a hosting provider that offers reliable server infrastructure and high uptime guarantees. Ensure that their servers are robust, well-maintained, and capable of handling your website's traffic without frequent downtime.

2. Performance and Speed: Look for hosting services that provide fast loading times and optimal performance. Consider factors such as server location, caching mechanisms, content delivery networks (CDNs), and the hosting provider's hardware and software infrastructure to ensure your website runs smoothly and efficiently.

3. Scalability and Resources: Assess your website's current and future resource requirements. Ensure the hosting plan offers sufficient storage, bandwidth, and processing power to accommodate your website's needs as it grows. Look for options to easily upgrade or scale your hosting resources as your website traffic increases or your requirements change.

Additionally, it is essential to consider factors such as customer support, security features, pricing, and the hosting provider's reputation before making a final decision.

jhon black
jhon black Jun 15 '23
The writing is so perfect. If I have the chance, I want to meet you in person. Why do you write such a perfect article? I am so impressedhttps://www.totochips.com
jhon black
jhon black Sep 11 '23
This is a very inspiring article. I am very satisfied with your excellent work. You provided very useful information. Keep working hard. Continue writing a blog. Looking forward to reading your next article. 먹튀검증
Pages: « 1 2