We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

text/comments refuses to appears on Newsfeed & Chat+Mail in 7.1.2[Solved] | Forum

Sammy
Sammy Feb 3 '15
Good day,

i just install a fresh oxwall version on my new domain name and found out that when i post comment, it will not show. when user also post comment, it will not show either. but photos can show.

please can anyone help. it is urgent. i will really appreciate it. thanks so much.

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 3 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 3 '15
Do you install privacy setting plugin ? Do you limit for [ Friend only ] ?
ross Team
ross Feb 3 '15
share your URL, please
Sammy
Sammy Feb 3 '15
i have privacy plugin install and i have tried it by accepting new friend and it is still not showing when the new friend and admin comment on the wall. the comments still don't show.

http://pidginchat.com

my site link

thanks

Sammy
Sammy Feb 3 '15
the privacy setting is set everybody@Kelvin
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 3 '15
I think you need to setup who can view wall comment on Admin page section.
ross Team
ross Feb 3 '15
Sammy, can you please switch to the Origin theme
Sammy
Sammy Feb 3 '15
@Ross ok. i have just switch it to origin theme. thanks
ross Team
ross Feb 3 '15
The issue was with this line you added in htaccess:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

I have removed it and now the comments work

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 3 '15
ross +1  I didn't know that cause this kind of issue. I already deleted the .htaccess code for a long time. That is a useless code inside of .htaccess :)
Sammy
Sammy Feb 3 '15
@Ross. thanks so much. i did not add it myself. i don't know about programming. infact it was my host company that installed it for me.

i had challenges install it on my domain so i told my host support to do it for me. i got a mail that it has be install. since then i could not use the newsfeed. 

Ross thanks so so much. am happy.

ross Team
ross Feb 3 '15
You're welcome.