We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall to work with Amazon S3 Problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jad Mat
Jad Mat Feb 1 '12
I subscribed to amazon 3 service. I created an account and follow instructions as stated in http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cloud_hosting:amazons3 - however, when i add the script to the ow_includes/config.php all the photos  will be invisible in my site. I already edited the permissions of folders in amazon to "read and write " in all folders. Anyone can help me please?
The Forum post is edited by Jad Mat Feb 1 '12
Den Team
Den Feb 2 '12
Since you switched to cloud storage, links to all your photos will point to this cloud storage. That's why all photos uploaded before should be reuploaded by users or you should reupload it manually from your site to cloud. 
Jad Mat
Jad Mat Feb 2 '12
Thanks for your quick reply. I did what you mentioned - I uploaded all the files from ow_userfiles (phots, etc) as per instruction on how to use amazon s3. But I just wonder why it is still not working. I tried it with rackspace cloud still it doesn't work. I hope anyone can help me figure out this problem.
The Forum post is edited by Jad Mat Feb 2 '12
Den Team
Den Feb 3 '12
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Den Team
Den Feb 3 '12
Would you provide us with a link to any of your site's photos on cloud?
Den Team
Den Feb 3 '12
Also, you can PM me with all your login details and our dev team will check it.
Jad Mat
Jad Mat Feb 3 '12

Quote from Addenster Also, you can PM me with all your login details and our dev team will check it.

which login details are you referring to? My Oxwall site or Amazon s3 account.
Regrading the photos on the cloud - it works if the url is copied directly - but if the script is inserted in the config.php it doesn't work. below is a sample photo link.

http://schoologi.s3.amazonaws.com/.../photo_preview_7.jpg

Thanks for your help.
Jad Mat
Jad Mat Feb 9 '12
any feedback?
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 10 '12
I believe Adden asked for FTP, phpMyAdmin (not sure about this) and your site Admin Panel access details. Only having these details would let our team check into the issue more thoroughly.
Joseph
Joseph Mar 31 '12
was this issue ever solved? I am thinking about switching to amazon cloud storage but need to know how to solve issues that may arise and this thread seems to say that the staff here will not finish responding to a issue
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am working to have a fresh install in amazon AWS. Is this issue solved?