We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I cannot manage Privacy plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Donfack Sylvestre
Donfack Sylvestre Feb 18 '15
Hello everybody,
I cannot manage privacy plugin in my oxwall website. I woould like to change privacy for every members of the site. But I cannot see the seeting link of the plugin. Please see attachment.
Thank you to your reply.
I'm using Oxwall 1.7.2.
Please my english is bad.
The Forum post is edited by Donfack Sylvestre Feb 18 '15
Attachments:
  bug_privacy.jpg (104Kb)
ross Team
ross Feb 18 '15
Donfack, if I understood you correctly you want to configure your privacy settings. 

Every user, including admin, should do that manually, according to the needs. 

In the right upper corner you have a console, if you hover over your username button, you'll get a drop down menu, where you can see the 'privacy' item. 

Click on it to get to the page with the privacy settings or just follow this url: www.site.com/profile/privacy

Donfack Sylvestre
Donfack Sylvestre Feb 19 '15
Thank you Ross,
I'm obliged to do like that. But I would like to know in that case wich is the role of privacy plungin present in the admin.
Thant you.
ross Team
ross Feb 19 '15
I'm sorry I don't understand what do you mean by the role of privacy plugin present in the admin. Please elaborate. 

If you mean are there any global settings for the privacy plugin in the admin panel, there's no such. 

Every user, as well as admin, should configure his/her privacy settings separately for his/her own account here: www.site.com/profile/privacy

If this is not what you're looking for, please elaborate. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 19 '15
ross Team
ross Feb 19 '15
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 23 '15
Donfack Sylvestre, may you mention the Roles and Privacy&Permission settings?
There is always one default role which you set first in role's table. This role assign to all users when they join the site.  Then if you need you can manually change default Role to other Role for user.
You can find more information about Roles here:https://docs.oxwall.org/user-manual:privacy:roles

If this is not what you're looking for, please elaborate.
Donfack Sylvestre
Donfack Sylvestre Feb 23 '15
Thank you Rose, I'm going to test it first.