We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't get this working. - Facebook Connect | Forum

Kev
Kev Feb 21 '15
I've configured my App within FB (I've done this with other sites, so I know I've done this correctly). Anyway, the FBConnect calls Facebook, and asks me to log in with my fb details. I do this, but then I get a popup on my site saying:

"Seems there are some problems with the connection to Facebook. Please, try again later."

I thought this might be because it's a development site, so I have it password protected from within the privacy settings. So I turned this off, but it still doesn't work.

Please help!

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 23 '15
Kev, we have just successfully configured FB connect.
Can you please provide the screenshot of your facebook app settings page?
Kev
Kev Feb 24 '15
Thanks for coming back to me. Here are some screenshots for you:

As you can see, all seems to be correct. The URL is the correct URL of my development site.

Kev
Kev Feb 24 '15
I've also just removed and re-added the FB app (just in case a space was pasted, or something like that). But the issue persists.
Kev
Kev Feb 24 '15
I think I know what the issue is - I think it's my facebook account. Let me test and I'll update.
Kev
Kev Feb 24 '15
Yep. It was my fault (sorry).

The app was in development mode because I forgot to add an email address to it. Did that, made the app public, and it's working just fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 25 '15
Great. Thanks for letting us know.
Simon
Simon Sep 20 '15
not working for me tho...

redid it many times like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zieTXxS6t7o

i also read every documentation here and followed all up !
no forgetting adding email oder activating the app.

it always gave me the "Seems there are some problems with connection to Facebook. Please, try again later."on trying to login via fb-acc.
The Forum post is edited by Simon Sep 20 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 21 '15
What is your software version? What is your FB connect plugin version?
Youssef
Youssef Sep 27 '15
Hello,

I have the same problem as Simon

"SEEMS THERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS WITH CONNECTION TO FACEBOOK. PLEASE, TRY AGAIN LATER.

i have followed all the steps on https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:facebook-connect ;

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 28 '15
Do you have the latest software version and plugin version? If not, please do the update, if yes, try to reinstall the plugin and create new FB app
Youssef
Youssef Sep 29 '15
Hi, 

I have done that for 3 times

and the plugin is updated

please help !

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 5 '15
Youssef, please provide screenshot that you have 1.8.0 software and latest plugin version as we cannot reproduce the issue on our side.
You do not have permission to reply this topic