We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Internal server error after 1.3 update | Forum

Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 10 '12
I also tried renaming the newsfeed folder and then activating again..still lead me to a 500 internal server error. I then re-named the groups folder deactivated and re-activated still lead to a 500 internal server error. All plugins look as though they have been updated. So i put everything back but still cant use newsfeed plugin :( The only thing i havn't done is completely uninstalled Groups plugin as it says it will delete all content, however it doesnt seem that its the group plugin with the problem, seems like newsfeed.
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 10 '12
I will add my experiences to this:

I installed oxwall 1.3 into a sub folder, setup the required chmod, a new database and run the install.  Flawless.  Test over now to do the update.

I deleted the 1.3 install and copied my live site into the sub folder.  I cleared the database and exported-imported the live database to the test one.

I edited the config.php in the test to reflect the new database and URL.

I manually uploaded the 1.3 update pack and went to ow_updates as instructed.

I then went through each plugin 1 by 1 and updated the files and also the db when asked.  Everything went smooth until I got to groups.  That kicked in my 500 error.

Thinking it m ust be groups related, I went to the database and edited the ow_plugin table to say groups was NOT active.

I browsed to mysite.com/sub/ow_updates to get me the admin url and I was succesfully back into my admin panel.

My site was OK but I am missing groups.  I uninstalled and deleted groups using the admin panel and then uploaded the new groups plugin.

OK I lost group information but I know my site will work fine, just with data loss in groups.

Conclusion.  Something is happening with the groups plugin so I am happy to stay to 1.2.6 until groups has been investigated.  Worst case, I can work with a fresh groups plugin install as that function is not widely used on my site.

May be relevant.  I am using the graphitium theme.  I reuploaded this to my site but I am unaware if it has been updated.  Might be an idea to post the version compatibility beside the themes as 3rd party ones may not be as swift as the dev team.

The Forum post is edited by Michael Feb 10 '12
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 10 '12
Thanks Michael, To be honest im not very confident with manually changing things cause really i havn't a clue what im doing thats why i wait for auto update, usually wait a couple of months though so all bugs be fixed but really wanted my contact importers to work..

I tried again a different way cause it seems everyone else is having the problem with groups, where as i finding that its the newsfeed.. Anyway tried renaming the groups folder then deactivating groups plugin..renaming groups folder back to original then activating - this lead to 500 server error for me, but then i just deactivated and reactivated  again and fine.. im boggled...but i know i can have groups working, the problem im having is activating newsfeed....Im boggled.
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 10 '12
@Richard

PM'd you.  We might need to chat to get this working.  (Fellow Ireland inhabitant)
Craig Clemons
Craig Clemons Feb 11 '12
I attempted 1.3 update on my wife's site and ended up with a broken dashboard and the inability to access admin.

updated basic_config table to trick the product into believing it was still running 4586

Ran ow_updates

This resolved the admin panel issues

Deactivated and reactivated all plugins

Site is now working

Sorry for the short note.  Been at it for a couple hours... after a 10+ hour implementation event WebEx with a client for my 'day' job.

Pages: « 1 2