We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Project Roadmap Comparison | Forum

Dick
Dick Feb 28 '15
Hello,

I would be interested in hearing from other Oxwall users your opinions about the project roadmap chosen by Oxwall compared to other similar social media platforms, such as http://moxi9.com/...ite-version-4-update .

I would like to better understand Oxwall's strengths and weaknesses for developing large communities.

Thank you in advance for your reply and information.

Soundchum web solution
My dear, i believe that moxi9 ( phpfox ) is an interesting software, but also it is very very very expensive, also you should pay very much money to get very few modules and themes 

to build a community using phpfox, you can begin with more than 1000$

oxwall is free software, and provide a lot of good features with it free price, also oxwall developers update the software and add new features many times in the year with regular ROAD MAP 

also the plugins and themes in the store are very cheap 

i think you, me and all users thanks oxwall developer instead you open a topic to compare between oxwall and phpfox

that is my personal opinion 

Dick
Dick Mar 2 '15
Hello,

Thanks for the reply and information.

I am not trying to disrespect Oxwall, I am simply trying to gather information from more experienced Oxwall users so that I can make better decisions as to what platform to use for an upcoming online community.

I would still value other Oxwall users inputs on what they think of the Oxwall roadmap (gameplan and future path) compared to other options that other users may have tried.

Thanks in advance for your reply and feedback.
Soundchum web solution

Quote from Dick Hello,

Thanks for the reply and information.

I am not trying to disrespect Oxwall, I am simply trying to gather information from more experienced Oxwall users so that I can make better decisions as to what platform to use for an upcoming online community.

I would still value other Oxwall users inputs on what they think of the Oxwall roadmap (gameplan and future path) compared to other options that other users may have tried.

Thanks in advance for your reply and feedback.
you are welcome

i want clear another something to you, i am a designer and worked for both oxwall and phpfox

phpfox has more freedom in development and its codes is very professional but take more time so we offer our product for expensive prices, but in oxwall, oxwall team don't allow any core files modification that thing i see is very better that ensure complete themes and plugins updates, also its codes is very simple so its products are very cheap that phpfox themes and plugins

i am enjoy when i am designing for oxwall and its free platform

about its update roadmap, i think after few time it will been better than phpfox

kevinL
kevinL Mar 7 '15

Quote from Day Line 

about its update roadmap, i think after few time it will been better than phpfox

agree with you 100%.  the best and stable of Oxwell software is Skadate. 

If I plan to build a professional site than I choice Skadate.  Oxwell is for my community site and it is free for members.

Maksim
Maksim Mar 7 '15
After changing the domain white page! config.php address changed generates an error on the screen!? Who knows what else edit it!The database is not changed because an all in one web space on a single server,
Attachments:
  Безымянный12.png (153Kb)
Olivia Anderson
Olivia Anderson Sep 28 '23
To make a more informed assessment, you might want to explore resources on how to make product roadmap. Understanding effective product roadmap strategies can help you evaluate and improve the direction and planning of the Oxwall project or any other development endeavor you're involved in.