We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How Does One Ignore Group Invites | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Paul
Paul Feb 9 '12
The update where members can invite their friends to groups is brilliant but I have one question which has been asked by some of my members.

If one is invited to a group and does not want to join, how does one say "no" or cancel the invitation?  If it's not possible to say no, could this be included in the next update please?

Many thanks

Paul

Sconer
Sconer Feb 10 '12
great request...waiting on response...
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 10 '12
I suppose with the onslaught of 1.3 if someone is continually inviting someone to a group then they can be blocked.  Also groups in 1.3 now are configurable where you can have invites sent by creator only.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 15 '12
Thank you for report, Paul. We will improve the Groups invite notifications in the next build.
Marcel
Marcel Mar 26 '15
If settings in the privacy will be placed will not invite groups that would be perfect

I think this should not be too much work for the dev.
Marcel
Marcel Mar 26 '15
my members ask also for this
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 1 '15
Marcel, your suggestions are very important to our team, but understandably it's quite difficult to process every single individual suggestion. This means that an answer should not be expected for every idea posted.

Our suggest board is one of the ways for us to learn what essential features the community needs. I want to stress that this board is designed specifically to give ideas and inspiration not only to our team at Oxwall Foundation, but the entire Oxwall Community, with its army of third-party developers.

The better part of the major updates come with the most important and essential features. However, to identify ideas of primary relevance we need to hear the voices of our webmasters. This is why we use the uservoice platform with its voting system for proposed features, which lets us set priorities in the dev plan if the demand really exists - the bigger the score, the higher the priority.

The eventual decision will be made based on the number of votes a suggestion received, while other ideas are skipped for the time being, generating more traction with the community.

So, if you're talking about one more option for the Privacy plugin, for example it could be named "Who can invite me to groups" thereby you are suggesting a kind of new feature. If this is really essential, then feel free to submit your improvement at Oxwall uservoice: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall .

Marcel
Marcel Apr 1 '15
Thanks Taissa  Nice