We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500 internal error after update to 1.3 | Forum

Alexis
Alexis Apr 3 '12
HELP! My site is down!

I tried to update from admin panel and I got this error:

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'joinIp' in 'field list'File:/home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/database.phpLine:311Trace:#0 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/database.php(311): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/database.php(399): OW_Database->execute('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #2 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/database.php(436): OW_Database->query('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #3 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/database.php(485): OW_Database->update('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #4 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/base_dao.php(205): OW_Database->updateObject('ow_base_user', Object(BOL_User)) #5 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(634): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_User)) #6 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/ow_core/application.php(200): BOL_UserService->updateActivityStamp(1) #7 /home4/itegmoto/public_html/undoso/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #8 {main}Type:PDOException

Paul
Paul Apr 4 '12
PLEASE HELP!!! I have members screaming at me that they can't access their dashboard page!!
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 4 '12
PLEASE!  do backups of the site prior to an upgrade.  Ideally, test the upgrade on a clone of your site first and only when you are happy that it works fine then APPLY it to your live site.
This is standard practice.  It may not fix any problems but it will reduce the stress of having a broken site, angry users and losing members!
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 4 '12

Quote from Alexis Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'joinIp

I must also add that I am also seeing this error.  (With debug and dev mode on)
What I did was copy my live files to a dev folder.
I then cloned the database from live to dev db
I reconfigured config.php to mimic the dev db and it's new URL
I changed the livesite .htaccess toi include the dev folder
I logged into the site to prove db connection and workability in my 131 site prior to the upgrade.
I uploaded (overwritten where requested) the 132 upgrade and I see similar errors.   *resulting in 500error with debug off)
I went through the ow_base_plugin table and deactivated the plugins to see if one of them was locking up.

I reloaded my original 131 db and reuploaded the update files.
I still get the following error...

Message: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'joinIp' in 'field list' File: /var/www/131/ow_core/database.php Line: 305 Trace: #0 /var/www/131/ow_core/database.php(305): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /var/www/131/ow_core/database.php(393): OW_Database->execute('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #2 /var/www/131/ow_core/database.php(430): OW_Database->query('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #3 /var/www/131/ow_core/database.php(479): OW_Database->update('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #4 /var/www/131/ow_core/base_dao.php(205): OW_Database->updateObject('ow_base_user', Object(BOL_User)) #5 /var/www/131/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(634): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_User)) #6 /var/www/131/ow_core/application.php(200): BOL_UserService->updateActivityStamp(1) #7 /var/www/131/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #8 {main} Type: PDOException
Checking apache logs there is no apparent linked error.    Also none apparent in mysql.

Just to clarify this is going from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2
bob
bob Apr 8 '12

Quote from Paul PLEASE HELP!!! I have members screaming at me that they can't access their dashboard page!!
Yesterday I update 1.2.6 to 1.3.2 ,after update I can go in admin panel but on website I had 500 error like everybody else.
The problem is on plugins.You must update your plugins.I update newsfeed and photo plugin and after that everything is OK.So people just update plugins and everything will be OK.
crb
crb Apr 13 '12
First time using oxwall.
I had the hoster install 1.2.6 than didnt used it a long time so no need for backup.
Returned only 500 errors.
Upgraded to 1.3.2 still the 500 errors
Disabled newsfeed no 500 error instead of the photo plugin.
Deinstalled newsfeed went to available plugings reinstalled newsfeed. No errors anymore.
Still deinstalling photo plugin ( watch out for upgraders it deletes all your photo's)
give update when done
The Forum post is edited by crb Apr 13 '12
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 18 '12
I finally got my test site updated to 132!
It was a lengthy battle but with care and attention I got it!
I created a script to backup the site.
I did the backup.  I updated one of the plugins and backed up again.  I did this until all plugins were showing updated and only the core was needed.
Any plugins that showed 500 I went to the db and set it's active flag to 0.
I then updated the core which immediately failed but after browsing to site/ow_updates/ it completed.  I was then able to reactivate the plugins that failed and all seems fine.

it was a hard slog but it took a couple of hours of baby steps to get done!

Simply put:
Update 1 plugin at a time
If it fails, goto database and set it to inactive
Check site functionality.
Keep doing that until all plugins are updated, keep the failed ones inactive.
Now load up the update files for the core.
If your site fails goto http://yoursite/ow_updates
It should show update succesful. If so, go in to the admin panel and reactivate the plugins.
If it fails reload the site from backup and try again.  It took me a few goes and I was able to have a script I could run that would do a backup after each plugin so if it failed for me I didn't need to reload and start again.

I still have a minor issue where I cannot edit the custom html but I am sure this is just a minor glitch.   Main point is, I have the site to 1.3.2    once ALL the glitches are sorted I can move it to live.
Good luck,
The Forum post is edited by Michael Apr 18 '12
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 19 '12
Tell me you did this in a test site first?
Looks like newsfeed may not be working.
I would consider going into the database and deleting the newsfeed entry in plugins and removing the newsfeed folder and try again but on a TEST site.

Den Team
Den Apr 23 '12
Note: the topic was cleared and locked. There are too different reports which doesn't reflected with original posts. And it became extremely difficult to find a solution. 

If you see somewhere on your site 500 internal error, then:

- enable DEBUG_MODE by setting this variable in TRUE position in ow_includes/config.php file;

- reproduce an error again on your site;

- search the forum for this error;

- if search was failed, create a separate topic with including the whole text (screenshot) of an error and pointing conditions (page, user actions) to reproduce it. 

Following these easy step you will really help us to detect an issue faster and provide you with solution.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation!

Pages: « 1 2 3
This topic is locked