We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't upload plugins [Solved] | Forum

Kev
Kev Mar 5 '15
When I try, I get the following message:

"No photos were uploaded because of excessive size or wrong format"

This is on any image, even when they conform to the restrictions that are in place. Basically, no one can currently upload images!

I've seen this thread my htaccess file is default, and I have CURL running on my server, see below:

[root@s18086213 ~]# curl google.com<HTML><HEAD><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"><TITLE>302 Moved</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>302 Moved</H1>The document has moved<A HREF="http://www.google.de/...v4VPfZLOig8wfkyYGoBg">here</A>.</BODY></HTML>
What's next to try? This is obviously a massive issue. I'm getting very frustrated with plugins causing problems every time I do an update!

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 10 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 5 '15
Kev, can you please go to www.yoursite.com/join page and see whether you have captcha at the bottom of the join page?

Your topic title says you can't upload plugins, but the error you posted is related to the photos. What exact problem are you having?

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 5 '15
Kev
Kev Mar 6 '15
Hi Ross, 

Sorry, my bad. The issue is with uploading pictures. I was on my way out of work when I posted  this, so was in a rush. 

I've checked the join page, and captcha is working as it should be. 

The Forum post is edited by Kev Mar 6 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 6 '15
Kev, what are the permissions of the ow_userfiles folder? if it's not 777 set the permission 777 recursively and check if the issue persists
Kev
Kev Mar 6 '15
The ow_userfiles folder is hosted with Amazon S3, the bucket is public, and users can upload to it. Here is a screenshot of the permissions:

ross Team
ross Mar 6 '15
Then, please make sure the bucket and the ow_userfiles folder in there are public. There should be some kind of "Action" option above the folder/bucket. 
Kev
Kev Mar 6 '15
The folder is public, and always has been mate. Just to make sure though, I've just ran the "make public" action and it's still the same.

However, I've done more digging, and I've managed to fix the issue. A couple of days ago, I renamed the local /ow_userfiles/plugins directory to see if it caused any problems before deleting it, as it's hosted on S3. I've just renamed it back, and that's fixed the problem.

I was hoping to delete the /ow_userfiles directory from my server, in order to save space, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to do that. Can you explain why I can't do that if it's hosted on S3 please Ross?

Thanks mate,

Kev

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
Kev, actually this is very odd, if you PM me your Cpanel access details and amazon access details for this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/ I'll take a look at the issue. 
Kev
Kev Mar 10 '15
Hi Ross,

I've got a dev site, so I'll give you access to that so you can go for your life with testing, as it isn't a production site. This also runs with S3. As I said, I'll provide all details via PM.

Thanks,

Kev

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
Kev, I spoke to the developers, turns out you can't delete or rename the local ow_userfiles folder, because the plugins still use this folder, even though all static content is stored on Amazon
Kev
Kev Mar 10 '15
Ok, thanks Ross. That's good to know. Appreciate the clarification.
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
I'm going to mark this thread as Solved.