We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Credits not being granted - User Credits | Forum

Abbey
Abbey Mar 7 '15
I've had a complaint from a user that user credits aren't being granted for certain activities, I have noted credits for photo upload and forum is not working.

How do I troubleshoot this?
Abbey
Abbey Mar 10 '15
also daily login is not being reflected in the balance
Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 13 '15
Daily login must logout first then login account. Can not save login status.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 15 '15

Abbey, please check if the Add Photo and Create/Edit topic services are not checked in the Roles settings. If these services are available within the Roles feature - they will be ignored by the User Credits plugin. Please read this topic for more information: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395

As for the daily login - first of all the credits are granted/deducted only once in 24 hours for this service. i.e. if a user enters the site several times in a day - they will receive/loose the credits for one action only. This was done to prevent users from earning credits illegally. Have you checked this function yourself? Does it work for you?

Abbey
Abbey Mar 16 '15
Hi, I will check the other things, I've been posting in forums and logging in daily, added a pic and my credits haven't changed all week
Abbey
Abbey Mar 16 '15
I've checked in roles, I'm using 7.1, there seems to be no option in this version for user roles and credits
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 18 '15

Abbey, Please perform the following steps and get back to me with the results.

1. Go to Admin Area > Privacy & Permissions > Roles. Uncheck the Add Photo action for all roles.

2. Go to Admin Area > Plugins > User Credits plugin >> Settings.

4. Find the service Add Photo, set the 100 value for it.

5. Scroll up, select another account type and set the 100 value for it. Do the same for all account types.

6. Go to your Dashboard page, find the 'My Credits' widget. Remember the Credits balance. 

7. Click the 'Earn credits' link in this widget and remember the actions you got the credits for.

8. Go to the Photo page, click the Upload Photos button and upload one photo.

9. Go back to your Dashboard page, find the 'My Credits' widget and check if the amount of credits was changed.

10. Click the 'Earn credits' link in this widget to see if the Add Photo action was added.

In case the credits amount was changed - this means the plugin works correctly and the problem is in your site configuration. If this did not the trick - please provide us with the steps similar to provided by us and we will try to reproduce the problem on our test site.

Abbey
Abbey Mar 18 '15
HI, nothing worked or changed, I followed your steps, I don't know why it won't work now as it worked fine as far as I know then just stopped working, if there was an error somewhere where would I find it?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 18 '15
Abbey, there are a lot of reasons. To find our what's caused this problem we need to check it by ourselves. Could you please PM your admin and cPanel account access details and we will check into this issue for you.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 19 '15

Abbey, we have registered a new user and this user received the 10 for daily login and 100 for join. (see screenshot). Then this user uploaded a photo, but did not receive 5 credits. We've checked the Admin Area > Privacy & Permissions > Roles section and found out that the service Add Photo is available to all user roles. As I've described it in this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/33708
If these services are available within the Roles feature - they will be ignored by the User Credits plugin.
Please carefully read this topic for more information: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395
As I said, go to Admin Area > Privacy & Permissions > Roles. Uncheck the Add Photo action for all roles and upload a new photo - you will see that the credits will be added to your balance. (see screenshot)
It seems to me that you have not followed the steps we've provided here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/33708?page=1#post-139623 - if I am wrong - please provide us with the screenshots of each action.
We have checked it at your site and everything works.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Mar 19 '15
Attachments:
  Screenshot.png (108Kb)
  Screenshot-1.png (129Kb)
Abbey
Abbey Mar 20 '15
I did as you said, I just set it back when I was done as it didn't seem to work, frankly it all sounds confusing and contradictory, it appears you are saying you shouldn't allow users to do anything on the site (as unticking the boxes in user roles means they can't do this feature) yet they will be credited credits when they do it... but they can't do it because they don't have permissions.
Is this the same for everything? I thought the whole point was to allow people to do things so they can earn credits????
How can a user upload a picture if the box is unchecked in user roles?????
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 22 '15

You can allow or disallow action through roles. But if you allow an action within the role, this means that you need this action to be available within the role (or Paid Memberships) and User Credits plugin should not be counted.

Just imagine, if the system works this way:

If you want the system takes/grants the credits for an action - you should definitely check it in the Roles settings.

But, what should happen if you want this action to be available within the User Credits plugin only. For example, the 'Add new photo' service should be available for the credits only, regardless of role (membership type) a user has.

Logically, you go to the Roles management page and uncheck the action for Roles, but in this case it will also stop working for the User Credits plugin. Thus, you will not be able to configure the system, so the site members could upload photos only by credits.
Hereunder, if you want a user to receive/lose credits, the action should not be available to the roles (membership types).

I hope my explanation is clear enough. If not, please don't hesitate to get back to me for clarifications or additional instructions.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Mar 22 '15
Abbey
Abbey Mar 23 '15
I do grasp what you are saying, although I thought the idea of ticking the boxes in roles meant that the user in that role can do that action, and the credits plugin granted them the credits when they did that action.

And I'm sure the plugin has always worked up until the updated version I am using, I haven't changed my settings in roles and up until the current version I am using I was always credited credits when uploading photos and doing any other action on my site.

Logicly if I untick all the boxes in roles then that role can no longer do that feature.

How do I control who can do what?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 23 '15

Abbey, you are right, the behavior of the User Credits plugins was changed in the update. When we added the dependency from the Account type, we've had to add  dependency from the roles. In my first reply I've asked you to check out the topic for more information about how the User Credits, Account types and User Roles work together: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395

Now, you can configure your system the following way. 

For example: 

You have three actions: Add Video, Add Photo, Add Event. You want the site users:

- to be granted by 10 credits for photo adding, 

- can add events for free,

- can add video for 5 credits. 

Then you need to configure your site the following way:

- You should uncheck the 'Add Photo' and 'Add Video' actions for all roles via Admin Area > Privacy & Permission. This will mean that the users cannot perform these actions within their roles.

- Go to User Credits plugin settings (Admin Area > Plugins > User Credits >> Settings) and set the following values:

-- Add Photo: 10

-- Add Video: -5

For the Add Event service, since it should be free you should disable this action in the User Credits plugin and check for all roles.

That's it.

Also, you might find these configuration useful: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/27556?page=1#post-125906

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Abbey
Abbey Mar 26 '15
Thanks for clarifying that for me, I appreciate it.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 26 '15
You are welcome. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Abbey
Abbey Mar 28 '15
I would like to point out this new method stuffs up the membership page, as it makes it appear noone can do anything, plus, say you don't want users to do certain things on free accounts, so you untick the box so they can't do it, but you want paid members to be able to do this feature and earn credits for it yet if you tick the box they can't earn credits? and if you leave it unticked then everyone can do it.
I find this all very backward, I really think it should be changed back to how it was as it's just not practical.

Plus I don't have certain configuration options as I'm only on 7.1
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Mar 28 '15
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 31 '15

Abbey, the behavior you are describing makes sense only in case you are using the credits as the reward for the actions and want the actions to be shown as available on the Subscribe page and in addition the credits to be granted to users for these actions. 

I've forwarded this to our developers, they will check what can be done in this case.

Thank you.

You do not have permission to reply this topic