We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A problem after upgrading the Messages plugin [Solved] | Forum

fouad
fouad Mar 10 '15
Hello,

I've installed Oxwall recently and today a found two messages asking me to upgrade 2 plugins.

One of the plugins was the Messaging plugin. I clicked the update button and entered the ftp credentials however straight after I received Platform Update Request as shown in the image attached.

Clicking the update button takes me to 404 file not found page. I'm able to login and logoff but all admin pages display the platform update request message.

Could someone help with this issue.

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 11 '15
fouad
fouad Mar 10 '15
Oxwall version 1.7.2 (build 8520) is installed and only the default plugins are installed and active.
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
I see you have Oxwall software installed in the subfolder. 

Please check whether you have default htaccess in the root of the Oxwall software. 

Also do you have .htaccess file in the root of your server for this domain: itsere.com ?

fouad
fouad Mar 11 '15

Hi Ross,

Yes is the answer to both questions. So what do I do next?

ross Team
ross Mar 11 '15
Fouad, check this link: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3913?page=1#post-17955

try the solutions provided by Mark in your main domain htaccess file to allow the Oxwall subdomain to work properly. 

fouad
fouad Mar 11 '15
Ross,

I have added: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/pro/ to the htaccess file in the main domain. But, the problem is still there. (pro is the folder where Oxwall was installed). Attached is a snapshot of what happens when I try to update plugin DB.

I have checked the error log and found the following which appears to have happened right after installation:

[Mon Mar 9 18:00:38 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) File: /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/database.php Line:223 Trace: [#0 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/database.php(253): OW_Database->__construct(Array) | #1 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/ow.php(230): OW_Database::getInstance(Array) | #2 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/base_dao.php(47): OW::getDbo() | #3 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(66): OW_BaseDao->__construct() | #4 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(55): BOL_ConfigDao->__construct() | #5 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(63): BOL_ConfigDao::getInstance() | #6 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(52): BOL_ConfigService->__construct() | #7 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/config.php(48): BOL_ConfigService::getInstance() | #8 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/config.php(68): OW_Config->__construct() | #9 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/ow.php(167): OW_Config::getInstance() | #10 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/ow.php(100): OW::getConfig() | #11 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/ow.php(145): OW::detectContext() | #12 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/index.php(44): OW::getApplication() | #13 {main}][Mon Mar 9 18:31:10 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: Package pointer `ADMIN_WPCTRL` is not registered! File: /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/autoload.php Line:130 Trace: [#0 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/default_route.php(158): OW_Autoload->getClassPath('ADMIN_WPCTRL_Js') | #1 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/router.php(338): OW_DefaultRoute->getDispatchAttrs('wp-admin/js/med...') | #2 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/ow_core/application.php(253): OW_Router->route() | #3 /home/itserecom/public_html/pro/index.php(62): OW_Application->route() | #4 {main}]

Will appreciate advices to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Attachments:
  OXW1.png (160Kb)
ross Team
ross Mar 11 '15
Ok, I see now what the problem is. It has nothing to do with the htaccess or subdomains. 

You have SSL certificate installed on your website and for some reason it adds a port 443, you can see it in your URL on the screenshot. Here's the similar problem: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29619?&page=1

You need to contact the company where you obtained the certificate to resolve this issue. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 11 '15
fouad
fouad Mar 11 '15
Ross,

I did actually find it strange as I was manually installing Oxwall that the 443 port attached itself to the end of the url. I tend to think that this problem must have something to do with Oxwall as well because it has never appeared with any other installations on this domain/server, e.g. Magento, Wordpress, Socialengine and others to name a few.

I will be trying out the solution in the topic you mention above and will be reporting back.

Thanks.

fouad
fouad Mar 11 '15
Ross,

Having read Alix's post and a little bit on port 443 and SSL. I decided to edit the ow_includes/config.php file by deleting the port number at the end of url. i.e. define('OW_URL_HOME', 'https://mydomain.com/pro/') instead of define('OW_URL_HOME', 'https://mydomain.com:4443/pro/').

This has solved the problem and I was able to perform the update plugin DB! 

Therefore, am still using the https url. 

But as you would have noted my approach was different to was suggested in Alix's post in that I didn't re-install Oxwall.

My question to you now, is this the correct way of solving the port 443 problem or would you still prefer to re-install Oxwall without SSL and to configure SSL afterwards in the config.php file?

Thanks.

ross Team
ross Mar 11 '15
Yes, of course, no need to reinstall the software from scratch, and for the future reference it is easier, I think, to install the software first, and then configure the ssl certificate on the website as it saves you troubles
ross Team
ross Mar 11 '15
Good to know you have solved the issue. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved. 
fouad
fouad Mar 13 '15
Hi Ross,

hmm, sorry but there is one issue mentioned above which hasn't been resolved. 

I'll be opening a new topic for that.

Thanks for your assistance on the SSL issue.

Fouad