We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

base+reset_password_mail_template_content_html | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Nov 13 '10
The forgot password button... when it is used the email message I received just had this line in the body of the email...

base+reset_password_mail_template_content_html

Also noticed there is no easy way for admin to change a user's password... I can do it in the database by copying the pwd string from a user acc with a known password but awkward...
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Thanks for report. Will check it.
Jamaal Simpson
Jamaal Simpson Nov 18 '10
Any update on this. My users cannot login because I had to redo the website and re-upload the database, which requires them all to reset their passwords.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 18 '10
a workaround is to log in as admin, goto the dashboard and reset your password to 123456.
Once you have done that, go to the database tables ow_base_user i think, and fins the admin account. Look at the passowrd field and you will see a string of random numbers.

That is the password 123456 encrypted. Now you have that stored, reset your admin password.
Now goto each user and paste in the encrypted 123456 into each password field into each account. They should now be able to log in using 123456 for the password and change it in their dashboard to a more memorable one.

A bit of a workaround but it will get your members on. I have used this method for a few accounts. Worked a charm for me.
Jamaal Simpson
Jamaal Simpson Nov 18 '10
Thanks Mike, that really helped. However, we still need a fix for the forgot password problem
The Forum post is edited by Jamaal Simpson Nov 18 '10
Juan
Juan Nov 21 '10
Getting same email error with the forgot password button feature: base+reset_password_mail_template_content_html

Is this a bug and is it going to be fixed for the next update?

Thanks!

Den Team
Den Nov 22 '10
By some reasons your base langs weren't updated.
Try to import attached lang archive (dump from RC2) in your admin panel.
It should works :)
Attachments:
  langs.zip (19.98Kb)
Juan
Juan Nov 22 '10
Not sure if I'm doing it right, when I try to import the language zip archive, the "import selected" button doesn't do anything :( I up loaded it to the ow_plugins folder using my FTP cient but that didn't do anything. Still getting: base+reset_password_mail_template_content_html
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 22 '10
Attachments:
  Import_languages.jpg (32.01Kb)
Den Team
Den Nov 23 '10
Quote from Juan

the "import selected" button doesn't do anything

Would you try to do this via Firefox browser please?
Juan
Juan Nov 23 '10
It worked! Adden :D ... Thank you! I forgot about trying Firefox or Safari, they seem to work when IE fails, eventhough I like to work with IE for the reason that if something doesn't work using IE it should be fixed because allot of people still use IE.

One more question, should I delete the language_en folder I copied over to the ow_plugin folder on the server?... Does it belong there?
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 23 '10
Den Team
Den Nov 23 '10
Yes, you can delete it.
Regarding IE, our dev team will fix it in next release.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 24 '10
How are you going to fix IE!!! LOL
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 24 '10
And Yup... Works for me...
Den Team
Den Nov 24 '10
LOL I mean fix bug in IE :)
Fixing IE is impossible mission.
The Forum post is edited by Den Nov 24 '10