We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

This might be exactly what I am looking for - Facebook Clone | Forum

Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Mar 14 '15
In reading about this plug in I am hoping I have found an easy solution to something I have been wanting to do since I found Oxwall and began using oxwall sites on my servers.

I'm not the typical oxwall user.  I set up oxwall sites and the lock them down so that only I or only I and one other person has access to the site.  I have not had time to learn how to redesign the page when you type in the URL to bit my needs and take out stuff I do not want on the page.  

For example.  When typing in the url I really only want the user name and password option to show on the page.  I do not want a link to join.  Unless I have send the e-mail invitation to join, and then approve one you click the link to join.....You are not welcome on the site.  The social media environment themes (Facebook-like) gives me the ability to create an environment for my own journaling and personal growth, a study hub for an area of study i am work on with one other person.  An better communication with my best friend who lives on the other side of the world.

MY QUESTION:  Will purchasing and installing this plug in give me the ability to quickly and easily put out the first screen of the site that only has a user id and password field and I can type in a few of my own words if I choose to indicate this is a closed site for authorized users only. etc?

Look forward to hearing back and thank you,

Sandy

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Mar 15 '15
Here is the demo page http://oxwall.ewtnet.us/
The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Aug 6 '16
Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Mar 15 '15
Thank your for replying and posting the demo page.  While I see where this can be helpful for others, looks like it isn't going to help me achieve the log in screen I need.  I guess the next thing I need to learn is to find out what pages control the log in screen and edit the code so that there are only items elements on the page  User ID and Password/enter.

For now if someone stumbles on one of my sites and clicks join they are told the site is closed for registration.  

Thanks again,

Sandy

You do not have permission to reply this topic