We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Thank you ! - some ideas - Private Albums | Forum

David
David Mar 16 '15
Thank you for your long awaited plugin.

Some ideas for improvement:
- Possibility to add a private album on the upload page pictures
- Send a notification when a member has received access to private photos
- include in "premoderation" plugin

Note:
On the page / photo / album / private / Authorizations
tabs disappeared
The Forum post is edited by David Mar 16 '15
Mike
Mike Mar 16 '15
Hello David,

thanks for your suggestions.
I like the idea with the notification. This one will definitly coming soon ;)

a premoderation plugin will not coming soon.
But the plugin will support the moderation toool from oxwall.

Mike
David
David Mar 17 '15

Quote from Mike
a premoderation plugin will not coming soon.
But the plugin will support the moderation toool from oxwall.

It was my suggestion ;-) Let moderators approve pictures in private albums before showing on site
Mike
Mike Mar 17 '15

Hey,

yes i understand you but this fun too is not planned now for future updates.

only the moderation tool will be supportet.

David
David Mar 17 '15
no problem your plugin is great ;-)
Mike
Mike Mar 17 '15

Thank you :)

how about a review if you didn't already wrote one ;)

inside83
inside83 Mar 19 '15
@Mike

How about a discount for an extensive review? :) 

Mike
Mike Mar 20 '15
Hey,

I am sorry but i cant do a discount.
i dont know if its possible to generate a licence key manually
Mauricio
Mauricio Apr 8 '15
Hi Mike, great plugin!

This are some ideas to improve it:

+ Refresh the page once the upload is complete.

+ Add  "Next" and "Previous" buttons to the photo viewer.

+ Rename the downloaded plugin file, because it is called "PrivateAlbums v3" with no ".zip" extension.

+ Add "Friends" as the default option for privacy. (Or have an option in the plugin Administration to set the default privacy option for new private albums).

+ Add a CSS Class name to the right sidebar div inside ".picFloatbox" to be able to customize it. Actually, make an option to disable comments and remove the sidebar.

+ Have an option to manually set the thumbnail size. Current 84px is too small. Please reuse code from public albums so private albums looks the same. It's more intuitive for users to have same UI.

+ Rename the "Create album" button to "Create private album". When this box is next to the public albums box it may create some confusion. Changing the button text can eliminate that confusion. The title in the modal box should also state "Create Private Album".

+ When viewing another user's private album: SHARED, ALL, ALBUM, MY ALBUMS, and AUTHORIZED USERS, CREATE ALBUM buttons should not be visible. It makes no sense. If this is not your own private album you should have no permission to make any of those actions, so none of those options should be there.

+ Add a "X" button to the photo viewer. I know clicking anywhere works to hide it, but some people may wonder. :)

+ What is the point in having "public" as an option for privacy? If those photos are not going to the Photos page with the real public albums, then remove this option. And it should not be the default option neither.

+ Add an Spanish translation. (I can help you with that)

Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Mauricio Apr 10 '15
Mike
Mike Apr 10 '15
Hey Mauricio,

- Before I can add friends to default I have to include it ;)
- I didn't decided what I want to do with the sidebar yet. Any suggestion?
- Good idea
- I think you can change it in the language options. But not sure which string.
- I will edit the UI in the next update.
- will also come with the next update
- some asked me to include it so its there^^ you will be able to deactivate it later
- you can send me the XML file then i will include it. Also with other languages

Mike
Mauricio
Mauricio Apr 10 '15
Hi Mike:

Here is the Spanish translation (privatealbums.xml) for es-ES.

Thanks

Attachments:
  privatealbums.xml.zip (1Kb)
Mauricio
Mauricio Apr 10 '15
Hi Mike:

If there are no plans for adding comments in sidebar then the description can be on top of the image on a black div at 90% #000 with small white text. The sidebar now consumes too much space and pushes the image to the left. I think a centered image makes more sense since not all users are going to write a description. And the description is never going to fill the full sidebar, so there will be always empty white space.

I attach an example for the bottom black description bar over the image bottom.

Thanks

Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 20.12.31.png (1547Kb)
Mike
Mike Apr 12 '15
Hey Mauricio,

thanks for the translation.
Yes i know the probelm with the siedbar. First i wanted to include a comment section but thats too much work without motivation^^
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 12 '15

Mike, come on we are interested to this plugin. Currently it is already very well and you've solved one of the serious defects Oxwall. You're going to sell for years. You know you can count on me to prove it.

Greetings To You! 

Paul
Paul Apr 20 '15
Hi Mike, great plugin. i will echo some of the points Mauricio mad that I think will make this a very high selling plugin.

+ Refresh the page once the upload is complete. - YES. Now it is confusing as to whether it is complete or not.

+ Add  "Next" and "Previous" buttons to the photo viewer.

+ Rename the downloaded plugin file, because it is called "PrivateAlbums v3" with no ".zip" extension. - Haha yes this caught me and got me struggling to get it loaded until I added the .zip extension myself.

+ Add "Friends" as the default option for privacy. - Defaulting as friends is a good idea.

+ Have an option to manually set the thumbnail size. Current 84px is too small. Please reuse code from public albums so private albums looks the same. It's more intuitive for users to have same UI. - Agreed

+ Rename the "Create album" button to "Create private album". When this box is next to the public albums box it may create some confusion. Changing the button text can eliminate that confusion. The title in the modal box should also state "Create Private Album". - Agreed!

+ When viewing another user's private album: SHARED, ALL, ALBUM, MY ALBUMS, and AUTHORIZED USERS, CREATE ALBUM buttons should not be visible. It makes no sense. If this is not your own private album you should have no permission to make any of those actions, so none of those options should be there. - Yes this is very confusing to the viewer.

+ What is the point in having "public" as an option for privacy? If those photos are not going to the Photos page with the real public albums, then remove this option. And it should not be the default option neither. - I agree to remove the Public option

Great job Mauricio. Thanks Mike!

Thanks! 

Mike
Mike Apr 21 '15
Hey Paul,

i already answered the suggestions from Mauricio so no need to post them again ;)
In the future there will be an update which concentrates on the user interface (means no new functions).
After this update i will include a lot of new functions.
But i dont have much time....
So it may will take a few weeks

Mike
Mauricio
Mauricio Apr 21 '15
Hi Mike:

This is a better idea for the Photo Viewer: use the current code from the Photo plugin. It's already done and working fine. And by having the same UI it will make it easy for users and website consistency.

+ The previous/next buttons, and the description bar on bottom only appears on hover.

+ It is not at full screen on start, but there's a button on the lower right to bring the HTML5 full screen UI.

Thanks!

Attachments:
  Photo Plugin.png (343Kb)
Mike
Mike Apr 22 '15
Short version: i hate the UI from the oxwall photo plugin -.-
and i never ever want to copy or use something from this plugin. I hope you will understand it.

Thanks for your suggestion. i will include it in the update for the UI.
Robert Swinden
Robert Swinden Apr 23 '15
Mike, overall this is a great plugin.

However, would  be better if users could comment and rate like on Oxwall photos.

Mike
Mike Apr 23 '15
Hey Robert,

great Idea but i dont have the time to inlcude such a function...
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic