We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New Users get stuck on email verification page after signing up | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Eric
Eric Feb 14 '12
Hello,
   I've searched for an answer to this question for the last few hours and haven't been able to find anything. So I've decided to ask it on here.
   My problem is that I've installed the oxwall software on my server and I love it! But I've noticed that whenever a new user signs up, the email verification page shows up, immediately after clicking the "submit" button on the registration page. This email verification page shows a message that basically says,
 "Click send to send an email to your email address with a verification code/link in it."

The problem that I have with this, is that users are not allowed to go back to the site unless they verify their email, or close all open browser windows and then reopen their browser. This is really frustrating!!! Users should be able to go back to the homepage of the site, before verifying their email. Even if the user leaves the website and comes back to it, all they will see is the email verification page. Is there a way to change this so that users can go back to the site before verifying their email? Please let me know as soon as possible!! Thanks!
Eric
Eric Feb 14 '12
This is true, and I'm not asking for the user to be able to log into the website without being verified either. My problem is that they get stuck on that page. There's no back button, or link back to the website's homepage. Plus, when you're on the email verification page, and manually change the address in the address bar to www.yoursite.com and press enter, it takes you right back to the email verification page. I was simply asking if there was a way to make it to where users can at least go back to the initial page they were presented with before clicking "Join Now."
Eddie Hakan
Eddie Hakan Feb 16 '12
Hi Eric.. i had this problem before...

please refer to this post

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/2491
and
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3000

i hope version 1.3.1 can solve this issue.. right now i'm having a problem to access all pages after upgrading... still working on it.. :)