We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

About the lack of oxwall developers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
mimi
mimi Feb 15 '12
I am new to OW, I think it's a great script, My project was initially on joomla but I am now planning to do it on OW

I'm crazy, because the early stage of OW plugin make it difficult to choose OW compared to the NUMEROUS joomla plugins. I posted a job offer on OW market. Nothing.

So I went around and found many development jobs and needs (often paid for) that don't seem to be answered, not publicly at least. 

Don't you think a great tool like OW deserves a VERY dynamic development pace ? with dynamic marketplaces where people can exchange to build plugins, for example ?

I usually use freelancer.com, which is fairly good to find coders. Every project I post gets at least 10 quotes within 3 days. 

I like this script, and I believe it can be the start of something great, but the exchanges must be dynamized. 

What do you think ?

Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 17 '12
I am more than agree with you, Oxwall deserves a dynamic development pace. But we just need some time for people like you who are using Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress. We need time for them to understand that Oxwall deserves their attention. I hope these times will come soon. And so far the best we can do is continue creating this great software. And that is what we're doing at the moment.  
mimi
mimi Feb 17 '12
please look at the market. You made a mistake building two separate pages. You should have deeply linked the jobs and the experts together.

And yes, it is difficult to push up a new script, even a very promising one like ow-

To do this, you have to specially take care of coders, because they are your blood.

Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 19 '12
I believe users are as important as developers. When lots of users like the product, they will make offers for developers so that they can start involving into projects. But, it's like an egg-chicken dilemma. Hopefully, it will be solved soon.
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 19 '12
Patience.  The larger the userbase the greater the developer pool will become.  Joomla and Wordpress were the same when they started.
Tinku
Tinku Apr 17 '13
I am PHP Developer from india and have completed a some what big OW project which includes custom Plugins and Comet Chat creation from scratch. I am looking for more Projects in Oxwall. 

I can also work on Concrete5 CMS, Drupal, Codeigniter, Wordpress etc.

My skype : tinkutr and email : tinkutharasing (at) gmail.com

Mob: +91 9995040559

-------OLD POST END-----

Now i am running a Team of Developers and We are taking more Oxwall projects. If any one got projects on Oxwall, Drupal or Concrete5 CMS or any PHP projects , please mail me : info(at)pixelmargin.com 

We can also offer Pixel Perfect PSD 2 HTML Conversions. And We are looking for Digital Creative Agencies to Partner with us and use our Services.

Hourly rates per developer starts from $10

Thank you

Tinku Tharasing

Managing Director

Pixelmargin Software Pvt Ltd 

The Forum post is edited by Tinku Feb 10 '14
Ibrahim
Ibrahim Apr 17 '13
Here is my take! Oxwall shouldn't follow Joomla's or WordPress's  trajectory. I believe it can shorten the trajectory in order to be nearer to Joomla or WordPress. Why? Because the situation of the web during the start of Joomla or WordPress is not the same compared to that of Oxwall. Oxwall has advantage because the Oxwall team can learn from the past of Joomla or WordPress.

Two days ago I created a post about "introducting Oxwall to internet marketers". This is one way to do it. I mentioned in my post that WordPress is the beloved of internet marketers, and it will be so for unforeseeable future. Every day, new techniques are being implemented for internet markets based on WordPress, and the products are sold at warrior forum, JVzoo, etc. at a very low price.

In conclusion, Oxwall team should identity a lucrative market/niche to direct all efforts in order to make inroads into the CMS market. One such market is the internet marketers.