We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall died? Or (maybe) not... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
David
David Mar 23 '15
Devs!

Did your product Oxwall die?

You are alive at all?

You are going to work and release a new version?

It's just unbelievable!!!

:)))

Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 24 '15
David, I understand that it's been awhile since the last release.
But why do you think we could stop our work ? What made you think so?

We never meant to stop the development. Our team is working hard to release an update. We have a lot of plans. To make sure please see our blog follow the link: http://blog.oxwall.org/ .  

I don't have any release update details or time estimate to share it with you for now. All depends on the internal testing results. We will announce our upcoming plans in our blog.
Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 24 '15
Please make Oxwall 1.7.1 compatible... Newer version is no longer better if it can not compatible with older 3-party plugins !!!
Your Friend
Your Friend Mar 24 '15
Let me say just a few honest words on the subject. I hope you take them as constructive critique not an insult on you or Oxwall.

First your home page is completely unattractive. It looks like something from 80's. It literally repels any customers or members. Excellent software really bad Oxwall theme and product marketing. 

Second your business model is obsolete. Constantly developing ad promoting Oxwall as a dating software is shooting yourself in the leg. Oxwall could be more, much more. Free version and "pro" version comes to mind.  

You are working on new admin section while the whole software desperately need code polishing as you can clearly see from tons of forum posts. Ever heard of "vimeo" guys? Thumbnails not working, and tons of other bugs. 

Not one Oxwall theme works as it should but you maintain several of them. Not one of them is responsive. 

No proper bug tracking.

No proper product documents.

No blog posts from developers.

No control on third party developers and their scam plugins.

Who are you guys? Ashamed of your country? Why? Oh why? Again really bad marketing.

I get it you are a small team but nevertheless your management of resources and Oxwall is catastrophic. It is like inventing the atomic energy or cure for cancer and not knowing what to do with it. 

Why don't you stop what you are doing and reassess your priorities, your existing business model and Oxwall future in general? Right now as you can see from the first poster it looks like you are dead or sailing to the bitter end. 

P.S. I registered again just to say this.  

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 25 '15
i just can not understand how anyone can let there hard work go down the drain

oxwall could be so great but they choise to let it turn to crap and do nothing about it
Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 25 '15
Oxwall has a very small dev team. Also Oxwall is free to use. so development delay very much. But I can not find any other social network script better then Oxwall. I have spent $500+ for Oxwall 3 Party plugins. Because I really like it. But still have some bugs need to fix !!! I don't want new features !!! I just want stable platform.
Den Team
Den Mar 31 '15

Hi guys!

We are just fine, no one is dying, but thanks for asking! Anyway, if you happened to miss a couple of our latest blog posts, check them out - the short and long term development plans have been plainly and transparently laid out for everyone to see. We have lots of stuff on our plate and are working hard to make it happen. At the same time we are also constantly streamlining the operation to make it more efficient. So there. We are alive and kicking! Better than ever actually. Have some patience, and cosmetic changes will follow once we deal with the scheduled stuff. 

Cheers!

Ajar Ameen
Ajar Ameen Apr 6 '15
a humble request .please make a share plugin to share photos and videos within the oxwall site. :)
Steve
Steve Apr 6 '15
privacy settings for photo albums a must.