We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot upload image to newsfed[Solved] | Forum

Bhavika Rugnath
Bhavika Rugnath Mar 24 '15
Hello

I just updated my platform to oxwall 1.7.2

And i cant upload images to newsfeed, it loads and nothing happens, when i activate debug mode i cant see any error. But i can sucessfully upload images to the imaga gallery.

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 25 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 24 '15
Have you updated your newsfeed plugin as well?

What is the version of newsfeed plugin? You can check the build of the plugin in ow_plugins/newsfeed/plugin.xml file. 

Bhavika Rugnath

<plugin>

<name>Newsfeed</name>

<key>newsfeed</key>

<description>Newsfeed with likes and comments, Facebook-style</description>

<author>Oxwall Foundation</author>

<authorEmail>plugins@oxwall.org</authorEmail>

<authorUrl>http://www.oxwall.org/foundation</authorUrl>;

<developerKey>e547ebcf734341ec11911209d93a1054</developerKey>

<build>8520</build>

<copyright>(C) 2009 Oxwall Foundation. All rights reserved.</copyright>

<license>The BSD License</license>

<licenseUrl>http://www.opensource.org/...hp</licenseUrl>;

</plugin>

ross Team
ross Mar 24 '15
Have you added anything in your htaccess file before the issue started to occur? If so, please remove it and try again. 

Also, check this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting and follow it's instructions. Provide us with the screenshot of the error you get in the console, if you have one. If there's no error, share your URL

Bhavika Rugnath
I think i didnt add anything on my htaccess, here it is:

RewriteEngine on
# For security reasons, Option followsymlinks cannot be overridden.#Options +FollowSymLinksOptions +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

ross Team
ross Mar 24 '15
Ok, see my message above how to proceed. 
Bhavika Rugnath
When i upload an image to the newsfeed it goes to the folder user_files/base/attachments

but with a diferent name like 5510768a1dc6c_image.jpg

and it doesnt render at the newsfeed.

ross Team
ross Mar 24 '15
this is correct name. 

Do you see any error in the console?

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 24 '15
Bhavika Rugnath
No, you can test it on perola.itis.ac.mz
Bhavika Rugnath
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

chrome-extension://enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo/cast_sender.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

ross Team
ross Mar 24 '15
What do you mean no?

Your console is full of errors

Do you have some embed player on your website?

Bhavika Rugnath
This bug doesnt appear in all browsers, for example doenst appear on chrome it references to the file https://s.ytimg.com/...g1OpJ/html5player.js that i can open online.
Bhavika Rugnath
i dont know wich plugin is having this error because the file is online
ross Team
ross Mar 25 '15
Bhavika, change the theme to default one, I just tested it on Origin on your website and it works ok. Then contact your theme developer to resolve the issue. 
Bhavika Rugnath
Bhavika Rugnath Mar 25 '15
Thank you for your help

But please if you change something on my network change it back again to how it was because there are people using the network and this is a big change for the users.

ross Team
ross Mar 25 '15
I'm going to mark this post as Solved.