We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how do i add videos on my newsfeed | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Arie
Arie Mar 24 '15
Maybe silly but how do i add videos to my Newsfeed?
is there a plugin for this or just a setting in Admin...
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 24 '15
Arie, you can add a video by pasting a link into the Newsfeed. This will generate a summary with title and video, like in Facebook or Google+ .
Arie
Arie Mar 24 '15
Thanks for your answer. i've tried that and that works but when i refresh the newsfeed the video or videos are not showing!!!

when i click add it's there on the newsfeed but on reload page or refresh newsfeed it's not anymore

Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 24 '15
Arie it is a bug that Oxwall doesn't fix for a long time !!! It is about privacy plugin issue. If you set Friends only. Then you can NOT see your post on YOUR newsfeed !!! Only solution is you must setup privacy setting to (Everyone).
Arie
Arie Mar 24 '15
Again thank you Kelvin and defender for the replies.
I understand and it's a shame that this bug isn't fixed yet!!

But i must say that Oxwall looks and works great.
I have been using Dolphin for years now but i am thinking about switching...
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 29 '15
Arie, thank you for positive comment.
Concerning to your issue, we can't reproduce that on our test website and demo. Do you have installed the third-party plugin "Attachments"? If so, please disabled it and check whether still be the issue with video link in the Newsfeed.

In case this issue was connected with this third-party plugin, it means that is not the Oxwall bug or issue. You should contact this Attachments plugin developer directly to resolve your issue.

Otherwise, please provide us with more detailed steps how to reproduce this issue on the demo. 
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 29 '15
Arie
Arie Mar 30 '15
Taissa, issue no longer an issue :-) But thanks for your reply anyways.
Kelvin's answer did the trick...
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Apr 10 '15
Dear oxwall team.

Why not share a direct link.

an example:

site Youtube link+copy video link+past my Newsfeed=

video image & play.

copy and paste method can keep users on the site longer and I think

video link sharing

image link sharin 

Users should be able to share and receive connection from any site

an example: youtube + facebook + news site + sharing useful site links 

Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 13 '15
Serkan Bekiroğulları, if I understand you correctly, you would like to have a possibility to paste the links within the newsfeed comment area and the system should grabs the photo or video and description. 
If so, we already have this feature. Please see the attached screenshots.

If I took you wrong - please provide me with more details.

Attachments:
  Screenshot3.png (66Kb)
  Screenshot4.png (56Kb)
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 16 '15
Serkan Bekiroğulları, have you installed any plugins recently? If so deactivate them and deactivate all third-party plugins and try again.
Switch to the default theme and try again, check if the issue persists (always do the testing on default theme, please).
Check your Firebug console in Firefox for any JS errors, if there's any, please provide a screenshot of the error. See this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting.
And also enable debug mode. You can do it using this manual: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug. ; If there are any errors, post the error message here.

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Apr 16 '15
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye May 13 '15

This issue continues

I do not solve the problem

I can not remove the add-ons used by guests.

The same problem was seen again in the new Oxwall installation.What is the solution

Taissa Team
Taissa May 14 '15
Serkan Bekiroğulları, please check if the issue persist on our Demo. If yes, then provide us with the exact steps how to reproduce the issue on our Demo. If you can not reproduce the issue on Demo, most likely the issue occurs because of third-party plugins. In this case to investigate the issue you will need to deactivate all third-party plugins. Otherwise we can not assist you.