We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect Plugin is not compatible if you have Skadate (2015) with Cometchat - Facebook Connect | Forum

Adam
Adam Mar 26 '15
Facebook Connect is not compatible if you are using Cometchat on a Skadate (2015) site based on Oxwall 1.7.2.   Oxwall won't touch it and will instantly defer the problem to Skadate.   I thought Skadate and Oxwall were the same people. Users that login to your Oxwall/Skadate site will be instantly "logged out" when they click on any link and it will cause you all sorts of harm to your site and users.  My site became so corrupt that capcha wasn't working and needed to do a complete reinstall of everything.  I have to say that Skadate and Cometchat worked hard to debug this issue and Cometchat provided a solution involving the installation of a cookie of which I forwarded the code to Skadate.  However, when I sent Skadate the solution to the problem, instead of instituting the fix, Skadate wants to charge me money for custom coding. Even though my Skadate site does not have modified source code and that I pay for their technical support. To sum this up, Its not a turn key integration as it appears.  So be prepared for Skadate to charge you money to fix the bug with a special cookie code provided by Cometchat.  Your only solution is to pay Skadate money or not to use this plugin. I hope Skadate will warn people about this bug on their website since they do recommend Cometchat as a chat system.  Skadate needs the following disclaimer on their website:  Cometchat is not compatible with Facebook Connect plugin without custom coding.
The Forum post is edited by Adam Mar 26 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 30 '15
Adam, the Facebook Connect plugin is the Oxwall plugin and we're responsible for it's work both on Skadate and Oxwall software. However if it works improperly due to some third-party plugin, this is not our issue. In your case FB connect does not work because of the Cometchat, which is why it is their responsibility to make it work and compatible

As you can see FB connect works well without Cometchat. We cannot modify the software and plugin to make it work with some 3rd party plugin, it works the other way. I hope you understand.
Safwen
Safwen May 19 '18

Hi, FB connect not working for me without comet chat am using oxwall with skadate,

What could be the isue?

Here is the error message

(Actually i put the correct app ID and secret is there really a problem in the facebook setup?)

You do not have permission to reply this topic