We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions for convenience in Plugin store. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Randy
Randy Mar 29 '15
Making the plugin store a more productive place for everyone should be a common goal here, so I suggest the following.

Ban the use of http, .com .org . net, and etc... from the description of the plugins. I don't care what your website is while viewing plugins on Oxwall. I don't want to see it in the description of the plugin, because it has absolutely nothing to do with it. There is one plugin author who has some many plugins it's ridiculous yet impressive at the same time. Aron.... that would be you, but "who knows" what in the world they actually do because you spam the description with your link, leaving people to have to message you personally to get answers, or blindly buy the plugin in hopes of greatness. Nonsense...

Put a minimum amount of characters setting on the description too make sure people are writing descriptions that actually sell their products. The description is a sales pitch, and the authors are in terms salesmen. Cutting yourself short on this is only hurting you..

Then lastly, "yes" at times you may want to view an authors link to their site. Make there be a place for that. If an author wants to share an additional link, I see no harm in it, but keep it out of the description. It's tacky, and spammy.

Just my two cents, but I'd say others might agree.

Randy
Randy Apr 5 '15

Quote from Briez I agree, too!

BUT not with Randy's wig and mustache :) Your small avatar looks like you have a smile from ear to ear!! Awesome!
Well I'm glad we found some common ground lol. :)
Den Team
Den Apr 7 '15
Randy,

Thanks for sharing, sounds reasonable. I've added it to our discussion board :)