We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Nathan
Nathan Mar 30 '15
Hi guys, im new to the forum. I have recently installed the oxwall software and have just finished editing it into a dating website. It has taking me some time to get everything ready for public use. So i get a friend to sign up to the website and every time he and me try and register we get this error 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /base/join/join-form-submit/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please can someone advise me on how to solve this problem

Kind Regards 

ross Team
ross Mar 30 '15
Nathan, you have mod_security or some other security module enabled on your server. Contact your hosting provider support team to disable it or configure properly. 
Nathan
Nathan Mar 31 '15
I disabled it using .htaccess Will that solve the problem do you think?
ross Team
ross Mar 31 '15
You can try to register a profile then, if you still have the error you need to contact hosting provider anyway and disable it or configure properly. 
Nathan
Nathan Mar 31 '15
Ok thank you for your advice, much appreciated 
Nathan
Nathan Apr 1 '15
I had my server host disable mod_security and problem still consists. Members can register but on the odd occasion im getting users complaining of this error
ross Team
ross Apr 1 '15
Nathan, most of the time hosting support team says they have disable the module, but they just configure it. Seems like they have not configured it properly or have not disabled it completely. This is the only reason I can think of. There's definitely some security settings which forbids user to access that page while joining the website.