We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Contact Importer Not Working - Contact Importer | Forum

Paul
Paul Feb 20 '12
I have a problem with the contact importer since the upgrade to 1.3.1.

Firstly, the Facebook and Gmail icons on the dashboard are not clickable so members can't import contacts from there. And older invite codes now don't work, in so far as members are not receiving credits for signups from them, even though the code has not expired.

A fix would be greatly appreciated!
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '12
Would you provide me with URL to your site? ALso, what browser does you use? 

What an old invite codes do you mean?

Did you set in "User Credits" to give credits any new user who join?

Paul
Paul Feb 21 '12
The URL to the site is http://www.matesgate.biz

I use the following browsers:  Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer(just for testing).

Old invite codes are the ones generated by users using the Contact Importer to invite their friends on Facebook prior to the update to 1.3.1 - these are stored in the ow_base_invite_code table and form part of the URL to the join page (for example if a user sends invites to 20 friends on Facebook, the system creates and invite code of ABC123 - this is then appended to the /join URL to create an invite URL of http://www.matesgate.biz/join?code=ABC123 and when someone joins through this URL, the member that created it should be allocated credits).  These invite codes seem to expire after 28 days if I remember correctly.

New users get their credits ok - it's the members inviting new users through the invite code that don't get the credits when their friends join that is the problem.

I hope this helps - if you need any more info then feel free to ask!

As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Den Team
Den Feb 22 '12

I checked your ste and here the an answers: 

1) You have an JS error on this js file adserver3.js file. Seems this file is included in your custom code. That's why javascript is broken on your pages and button are not clickable. Check your custom code. 

2) Old invite codes doesn't work with new version of plugin.

3) Added this bug report to our TODO list. 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Paul
Paul Feb 22 '12
Thanks for that - now I'm even more confused!!  I can't find any file called adserver3.js or any reference to it anywhere!

If you could guide me on this then I would be very grateful!!

Den Team
Den Feb 22 '12
Sorry, but I can't assist you with that. All I can advise - search it in your custom code which you placed on the site. Also, use firebug extension for firefox to detect it.
Paul
Paul Feb 27 '12
I have found out what adserver3.js is using Firebug as you suggested - and when I remove the ads relating to that, the contact importer still does not work.  When either the Facebook or envelope icon is clicked, nothing happens at all.

I then uninstalled the contact importer and reinstalled it, then cleared the ow_base_component_place_cache table to see if that would resolve it and NOTHING!  It still does not work!

Is there some sort of fix available at all?  My members are getting annoyed that they can't invite their Facebook friends to Matesgate and still aren't getting credits for the old invite codes.

Please help!!

The Forum post is edited by Paul Feb 27 '12
Shaun
Shaun Mar 13 '12

I am having a similar problem to this. facebook invite works great but the google inviter has become unclickable. my site is here.

I have no idea what the above means lol but i hope you find the problem.

Den Team
Den Mar 13 '12
Unfortunately, Google stopped support inviting friends via "friend connect" option. More info can be found here http://support.google.com/...n&answer=2440229

We will review it and redevelop google support in some of next updates. 

Ricardo
Ricardo Mar 14 '12
Too bad to hear that!!!

Den Team
Den Mar 15 '12
Agreed.
Mike888
Mike888 Mar 27 '12
looking forward to the google import too
 I have  huge list i would like to invite..
Facebook is somewhat limited to you friends.. and Facebook in China is blocked therefore we are offering the site as Facebook alternative...
any alternative way to invite??
Daren
Daren Nov 22 '12
I got this error. Invitation went through thou but when user click on it, they get this message in their facebook.

SSL connection errorUnable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

The Forum post is edited by Daren Nov 22 '12
Alia Team
Alia Nov 26 '12
Daren, can you PM me screen shots of your Facebook App settings?
You do not have permission to reply this topic