We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Captcha numbers are not showing | Forum

Juan
Juan Nov 15 '10
When new members try to join my site, they are unable to continue because the captcha numbers at the buttom of the form are not showing up. They don't show up in the "Contact Us" plugin neather. No one is able to join my site unless they join through Facebook. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Juan
Attachments:
  captcha_missing.jpg (38.72Kb)
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Hello
Would you post post here content of your phpinfo()? Or just tell what version of GD and freetype do you have installed n your server? Also, did you update your site to RC2?
Juan
Juan Nov 15 '10
My server supports GD Library version 2.0.34 and Freetype version 2.2.1. I have updated the software and plugins to RC2. The captcha used to work fine at the beginning when I first installed your software but after re-installing your software a couple of times to clear some errors that I couldn't figure out, the captcha issue arose from the last install. Everything on the site seems to be working good except for the captcha not showing up. Attached is a screen shot of the php MySQL Info from my server.

Thanks!
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 15 '10
Attachments:
  php-MySQL.jpg (42.71Kb)
Juan
Juan Nov 15 '10
Good news, I read another post where someone re-installed and replaced the 1.0 RC2 update to their server and fixed the problem, well it worked for me too. yaeee!! :)
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 15 '10
alaaeldin
alaaeldin Jan 28 '11
hello am facing the same problem at my ox.aboshongy.com
and i did it all like you did but nothing happening
any help please????
Den Team
Den Jan 31 '11
@alaaeldin
Did you have GD library with FreeType support installed on your hosting?
alaaeldin
alaaeldin Feb 1 '11
yes i have coz the captcha was working fine
Den Team
Den Feb 1 '11
Try this:
- enable DEV_MODE in ow_includes/config.php
- open Join page
- find with firebug url to captcha image
- open this URL in your browser and look for an error, post this error here
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Apr 16 '16
I have discovered if you have added the lines of code recommended in this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/9951 to speed up your site, it makes the captcha image broken. Simply remove it and your captcha will return (if all else fails)