We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cant add new languagefiles,wont stick.[Solved] | Forum

Christer
Christer Apr 9 '15
I know I have seen this issue or I had it before but cant find a solution here.
When I try to import a zip with translation of some plugins it looks normal , get green and it say added or what ever it say but nothings there, nothing been added. I tested several times and different files to upload but wont stick. I tested in debug mode and show nothing. Any ideas?
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 14 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 9 '15
What do you mean it won't stick?

There's no translation? If so:

1. make sure the permissions of these folders: 

ow_pluginfiles

ow_userfiles

ow_smarty/template_c

ow_static

are 777 and are set RECURSIVELY

2. check if the translation values present

3. if the values are there, go the bottom of the languages page and click on the Save this Page button to recompile the lang cache. 

Christer
Christer Apr 9 '15
Hi
well all this was and are set to 0777
no values still not present
Save what?  You mean save on each 900 pages?hehe
'
This is not like 1 or 2  values lines its 1500 new translated keys I try to upload
and I try to add a file with translation and it just wont add. Like i said imported files added in green but the amount of key values not change and I look inside zip file just be sure and still blank on this translations I added. I also try to add jus one  XML file only and same, say added still not did. Its like it not add anything
ross Team
ross Apr 10 '15
Christer , no need to click on every page, just click on the button one time. 

If that does not work, pm me your admin details and FTP access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 

dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
I had a similar issue recently with the langs file, it seems if the zip file is created by the server and then re imported (as you would do in the cases of a plugin) it works fine, but if you create a zip file from scratch it says it imports but there is nothing there in the database.  

Please keep us updated ross if you find anything as i am very interested in the outcome of this one way or the other.  thanks  :)

ross Team
ross Apr 13 '15
Christer, I have uploaded the package you sent me, everything uploads just fine. 

What was the exact problem you were having?

Please provide the screenshot of the values which are not translated, but first make sure they are translated here: www.yoursite.com/admin/languages choosing the messages section

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 13 '15
Christer
Christer Apr 13 '15
Hi Ross
sorry I gave you wrong site I mail you correct site logins
The Forum post is edited by Christer Apr 13 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 13 '15
Christer, you have customized Messages plugin on that website, please revert the changes you did, then I'll proceed. 
Christer
Christer Apr 14 '15
mm well that have nothing to do with language files does it? mm were did my theme go?Its show oxwall standard theme? what happend here? i put back the old standard message now
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
Sorry which theme was active?

As to the languages seems like it does, I have uploaded the lang pack you sent me to my test website and the lang values applied without any problem

ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
I did not do anything to the message plugin everything stays put, I just changed theme
Christer
Christer Apr 14 '15
great it was all customiz all of it so its gone?
And strange that message plugin should effect language files?I try before this to load the
whole translation of site and not work so somethingwas wrong. But shit my theme is gone?
  I loked and there was no value added in message plugin what I can see, so not work or maybe some issue on file
Puhhhh Ross dont scare me like that haha, Theme is ok,
The Forum post is edited by Christer Apr 14 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
Your theme is not gone, you can choose the correct theme here: www.yoursite.com/admin/themes
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 14 '15
Christer
Christer Apr 14 '15
yeah theme is there puhhhhh, languge issue looks same to me as not anything added, I look in to language file again
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
Christer, revert the changes you did to the messages plugin, then I'll proceed with the lang issue you have. As I said, I have imported the lang file into my test website and it applies to the default messages plugin. 
Christer
Christer Apr 14 '15
I did that. I put back the 8524 version . just not understand what changes in message plugin have to do with translation? I also try before as I say other translations and same issue but ok you try and see if it works
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
Please see, there's a translation added, switch to the Norwegian. 
Christer
Christer Apr 14 '15
yup it is, no idea what the custom of that have to do with language biut it looks like it have.
Ok well thanks a lot for checking Ross,
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then. 
Christer
Christer Apr 14 '15
yes please, thanks again Ross