We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I mean aron is a positive example for other plugin developers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 10 '15
aron its great work should serve as an example for other plugin developers. He takes his work and its customers with self-respect. Although he has many plugins so he loses not the reason he stands. He is incredibly productive, cooperative, and provide a fabulous good service to their customers. To put it this way; He takes himself and his clients big responsibility. In Norway they call such work as aron represents, occupational pride. Take a look at the plugin updates in store http://www.oxwall.org/store?sort=latest . It speaks for itself. I must just say thanks.

There are also several plugin developers that I could highlight in a positive way, but here I took primarily forward the I personally believe is the best out here.

And I went not up to favor a particular developer, but I also see that there are developers who would need to learn a part of other developers approach and customer care. Maybe someone taking their customers for granted!

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Apr 10 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
The only thing i wish aron would do is to not use the short description of the product for links to his other plugins.  It makes it hard to know what a product does if the short description is a link.   The short description has a purpose and that is to let someone read a short text about the product, not about where to find other plugins.  So you have to open up each of his plugins to find out about it in short order.  If he wants to advertise his other stuff he can do so using a different text field. 

Puru  

http://www.oxwall.org/user/Purusothaman  

is another fine example of a really good developer.   Very experienced, knowledgeable and very customer service oriented.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 12 '15
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 12 '15
http://www.oxwall.org/user/Purusothaman

Yes you have so right, really good developer.

Yes, I agree to last in the link problem, may seem a bit confusing.

Have you tell aron about that?

dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
No that is up to the moderation department to do that.  But i hope he reads this :)    He is doing nothing wrong but it is confusing and not necessary. 
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
Another one is Thao Le

http://www.oxwall.org/user/thaol

He has gone out of his way to help me learn and also took time to send me some examples so i would understand.   From my experience with him so far he has been professional, kind, and helpful.  All great qualities in a person and a developer. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 12 '15
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 12 '15

I use plugin on Sosialt nett and am very happy.

And just congratulate Thao Le with a great howto film. It is precisely this I've talked about in various discussions about plugins, and you've obviously done just that, thanks.

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Apr 12 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 12 '15
hahahhahahah arons plugins 

1 they are complete coding mess and do not follow oxwall coding standards
everything is done in one huge php file 

2 most of his plugins do not work as advitised

3 he does not use oxwall default things like comments rates textra areas

4 he say he wont implement oxwall textra as its insecure and if you want a text editor you have to buys his

5 every thing looks so ugly and looks designed by 3 yr old

4 as he uses custom stuff instead of default oxwall your site looks all nice and uniform until you go his plugin page then looks all stupid

5 he is pig headed it took me 12 months to get it through is thick head one huge problem   when u tell him a problem he always answer i dont have time to do plugin custom changes and it takes forever to get him to look at it to relise its a plugin problem
ie start page every time clear site cache it reverted back to original images
over 100 times he told me this is a custom change and he wont do it 

6 his plugins are just to complicated for end users to use like shop pro i asked 20 ppl to try use it and not one managed to be able to 

7 his pugin let end users set settings they should not be allowed to do 

8 i am sick of his answers to get the plugin to do that u need buy my other plugin
if a plugin is called this then it should do this not have buy another plugin to get it to work

10 not even his simple scroll plugin can i use as they make the page jump around like a jack rabbit on steroids the same answer to can you please make them a set height and not resize on each item that gets pushed to it , thats a custom thing i dont have time to custom my plugins  

tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 12 '15
another thing that seams really dodge is i have never seen anyone in any forum praise aron and any of his plugin in over 2 years 

but since i told him last week on how many ppl are laugh at his plugins in forums this is the second post on how good he is and how great his plugins are 
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Apr 12 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
I was not aware of all that Tammy, i dont have any of his plugins that i know of.  If i would have seen messy code i would have said alot because i hate messy code it burns me up to think that people will put that on the market. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 12 '15
his code is way passed  messy 
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 12 '15
full of links to his site  full of testing stuff 
more css and some much crap in them that does not do anything left over remenents of well just crap
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 13 '15
I do not have the same experiences with arons plugins you have Tammy and asks me unable to understand what you write about arons plugin. That there are one or the other could have been better, we agree, but your comments are way out there and not real reality my experiences! Maybe the way you put forward thing on, making it difficult for you to get others and understand how to help you!
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 15 '15
its not hard to understand 
i have show him so many problems sometimes lists of up to 50 main problems on a plugin 
take start page for example for 12 months i asked him 100 times to please fix the problem of background, logo, center content images reverting back to original every time you clear the site casche

and i had to put up with hundred of stupid answers  like
no one else has that problem stop winging
you dont know what your talking about my plugin has no problems
i wont do plugin customization for you

after 12 months of listen to his bullshit i snapped and told him to pull his head out off his ass and try clear cache on his plugin and guess what he tryed it and found it was a problem 

and he finally fixed it but none of the other 49 huge problems with it 

i even sent him so many fixes for things that he has not implemented into anything 

bottom line his plugins are shit 
he is a pig headed dev that wont admit his plugins are crap and have any problems 
he thinks there perfect 
he tryes to monopolize on plugins which is just downright dodgy