We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unique Profile Question for Phone Number | Forum

Marina Bircher
Marina Bircher Apr 10 '15
How can I make a Profile Question I added to the Join Form to a unique field in the DB? 

Two users shouldnt be possible to take the same phone nr. 

Any idea where to start? 

It has to be changed in user profile edit and join page. 

Thank you! 

----------------------

I hate oxwall.org team, they blocked me 6 times since I'm here, because of "spam"

Arie
Arie Apr 11 '15
Well if the phone number field has the unique check (just like email) then take that out and it should work for you.

------------------------------------------------------
Let's make it a better world and let's work together.
dave Leader
dave Apr 11 '15

Quote from Marina Bircher

I hate oxwall.org team, they blocked me 6 times since I'm here, because of "spam"

This is not how you gain assistance.  It is not the teams fault, i too have been blocked before but it is not their fault.  The site has a spam filter which is not human, it is not personal.  There is no staff member sitting there pushing buttons randomly or personally blocking you 24/7.

The filter is set to try to achieve a happy medium between real spam and honest mistakes.  It is not a perfect world.   Maybe the solution is that we should look at how your posting or how often and the process your using to post so that you can avoid the filter. 

As per your question remember that any custom code you do will be removed when you update versions so it is better to use or develop a plugin for this purpose.  I am not aware of one as of yet.   But if you want to do this as custom modified code then i will try it on my site and see what i can come up with for you. 

Marina Bircher
Marina Bircher Apr 13 '15

Quote from ArieWell if the phone number field has the unique check (just like email) then take that out and it should work for you.
Where do you mean? In the base_user table? or somewhere in the admin of oxwall? I dont see there this option. :/

Quote from dave
Quote from Marina Bircher

I love oxwall.org team, they blocked me 6 times since I'm here, because of "spam"

This is not how you gain assistance.  It is not the teams fault, i too have been blocked before but it is not their fault.  The site has a spam filter which is not human, it is not personal.  There is no staff member sitting there pushing buttons randomly or personally blocking you 24/7.

The filter is set to try to achieve a happy medium between real spam and honest mistakes.  It is not a perfect world.   Maybe the solution is that we should look at how your posting or how often and the process your using to post so that you can avoid the filter. 

As per your question remember that any custom code you do will be removed when you update versions so it is better to use or develop a plugin for this purpose.  I am not aware of one as of yet.   But if you want to do this as custom modified code then i will try it on my site and see what i can come up with for you. 

I know I know... but at that time it really made me angry, because the software blocked me more than 6 times... and the team couldn't tell me what I should change, to prevent this.