We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Who is online option for support | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
Just curious if Oxwall has ever considered adding a 'who is online' section on the bottom of their support forum.  I know the core release does not have one and im NOT asking if you plan to add that feature to the core release.

I am just asking for this support forum it would be nice.  That way i can tell how busy it is and if i need to hang out a longer period of time or not.  If noone is online at all then i can check 1x an hour or so and see how its going, there is no reason to just sit there if 0 are online.   

However if there are tons of people online then i know i need to hang out and try to answer some questions.  I am just trying to manage my time better is all between this and my life projects. 

Maybe it could just be an option for leaders and the team to have viewing access to it. 

Just a thought.. :)

bobbi
bobbi Apr 13 '15
Just add /users to oxwalls url and you can see who is online
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Apr 13 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
lol that is sweeeeettttttt..... thanks bobbi  :) 
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 17 '15
dave, thank you for this essential suggestion, this would be very useful improvement. However for now our forum plugin is just a light version of any forum system. Unfortunately, I can't affect our developer and product designer teams about implementation of new functionality, because I'm just a supporter. For this goals we use our suggest board to show our product designers what features are the most essential.
It would be better if you make a suggestion on uservoice: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall.