We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"Search" returns blank page after 1.7.3 update[Solved] | Forum

Olivia
Olivia Apr 15 '15
Title says all: users can no more use the search page after update. Only blank page appears: http://trav-rencontre.com/users/search
Anything else seems to be ok. 22 plugins update.
Any idea to fix the bug ?
Thx
The Forum post is edited by ross May 28 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 15 '15
Olivia, check this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35473 replace the file provide in the post check if the issue persists. 
Olivia
Olivia Apr 16 '15
It works fine, thanks :)
Don't know why but it was due to the file form_element.php, as you said.
ross Team
ross Apr 16 '15
Great. Thanks for letting us know. 
Olivia
Olivia Apr 20 '15
Well, the search page reappeard but i didn't try to check.
Members tell me now they can only use the "search by username" box ; other kind of searches (by age, city, etc) don't do anything except reloading the page (with no result). Ideas to fix ?
ross Team
ross Apr 20 '15
Olivia, have you done any modifications to the code? Did you do any changes in the software before that started to occur, like language import or language modifications?

Olivia
Olivia Apr 20 '15
No i did not any code modification nor language mod.
ross Team
ross Apr 20 '15
I will need admin access details and FTP, please PM me I'll take a look at the issue. 
Emil
Emil May 4 '15
I have the exact same problem with the age search, olivia, try to remove age range from search and see if it will work... mine works if I remove search by age...

I think it's a bug with the age range sripts...
The Forum post is edited by Emil May 4 '15
ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Olivia, I just tried the search on your website and it works properly, what's the exact problem, how we can reproduce it, please provide step-by-step instructions. 
Olivia
Olivia May 6 '15
I was tired of various bugs, so i reverted to defaut Origin theme, and everything goes well now. But i had to do a lot of custom graphic work to adapt my site to this basic template.
I love Oxwall which is a great script, but it is a pity we can't use it quietly with many themes : too many bugs and plugins compatibility problems after udpdates :(
But well, i will stay on Origin theme and i think it will go ok now :)
ross Team
ross May 6 '15
I'm sorry what theme you used before Origin?

Have you done any modifications to the theme or code before the errors started to occur?

Olivia
Olivia May 6 '15
I used ShowCase and did not any theme or code notification.
Michele
Michele May 21 '15
I'm seeming to have similar problems with the age search on my site. . I tried putting age in the search in the demo to see if it was just me and got this: 

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AgeRange::getMinYear() in /home/oxwallo/public_html/demo/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/question_service.php on line 427

On my site, you can get the date boxes on the user search, but then the search doesn't work properly,. . I search for fields that I know will have 'my' age, and it goes back to the search page. 

If I take the *age* search out everything works fine. 

No custom themes or new plugins, except for google_maps_location, but when I uninstall I still have the same problem

The Forum post is edited by Michele May 21 '15
Michele
Michele May 21 '15
And then also when I set the birthday to 'date (age)' on my profile question nothing shows up, just a blank screen. 

When I set it to 'date' and 'date (birthdate)' I get the search page with the drop down boxes for day, month, year, but again this don't work properly if I search for my age, it just goes back to the search screen. Just wanted to be clear! 

ross Team
ross May 21 '15
Have you replaced the file form_element.php ?Check this link

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35515?page=1#post-143457

Michele
Michele May 21 '15
I have looked at that, thank you. . and spent like an hour trying to haha. I go in my cpanel and ftp/ 'upload files' but I'm such a novice. I search for ow_core/form_element.php  in my folders and nothing shows up even when using the search bar, and I can't even really find the oxwall folders. I'm sure it's there, I just have literally no idea what I'm doing as far as coding
Michele
Michele May 21 '15
I was explaining to someone in a private message that my host is Arvixe which I chose as it seemed a good option for me *not knowing anything about Php / website back ends* . . they did all the installation in a click of a button. I've been checking root, I'll keep looking :)  Even then I'm terrified of over~writing or erasing something important if I mess it up. Actually I'm not even sure how to over~write haha. 

Wondering if I should just wait till the next update of the plugin if I'm such a person with No Knowledge of these things 

Olivia
Olivia May 21 '15
Before overwriting anything, you just have to rename the original file in FTP with some name like file_bak.php :)
I tried the solution Ross indicated and it worked for me on Origin theme.
Michele
Michele May 21 '15
Ah thanks for chiming in to help me Olivia!! So like the original would have a 'backup' name, that would be the idea? And does the original File have to be moved somewhere else? I'm afraid of it still being there and corrupting the site haha 
Pages: 1 2 »