We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Job portal plugin | Forum

yourgoal
yourgoal Apr 15 '15
Hi,

I am looking forward for a job portal plugin where users can create their profiles, upload resumes & search jobs. Employers/recruiters can post jobs and search for resumes.

Please suggest me a plugin for the same or the cost that I'll have to pay to get this plugin developed.

As a admin, I should have the access to the back end to edit the fields, add new fields, etc...

Den Team
Den Apr 16 '15
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '15
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/723   have a look at this 
yourgoal
yourgoal Apr 23 '15
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the link, I have already checked it. 

What actually I am looking out for is, a form where employers can post jobs and interested users can apply for the same. If a user applies for the job posted by the employer, employer should get a notification to the email id used in the email id field. Employer will then visit the profile of the user who has shown interest in the job posted.

The problem in using this plugin is that it does not have a search form where users can search for the jobs.

Also, I believe that we can't edit the form so that users will post the data that is required. (The form is a predefined one). I want the form where employers can add jobs (For example, form should consist of designation of the job (text box), location of the job (drop down), company name (text box), salary offered (drop down), Job type ( drop down), desired skills (multi line text box), job description (multi line text box), tags (text box), email id, mobile/landline number. 

Search form should consist of tags, designation, location, salary & job type. 

Please let me know whether you can provide these changes for the plugin or please suggest any other solution as this is very much needed.

dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '15
i was considering building one until i saw that one lol... maybe ill make one like you want, i will consider it. 
yourgoal
yourgoal Apr 26 '15
Thank you Dave....

Can you also let me know the cost if any for the same. So that I'll arrange the required funds.

dave Leader
dave Apr 26 '15
sure i will let you know one way or the other by next week i should know my schedule by then and be able to look at the situation.  thanks   

this of course does not stop another dev from doing a similar one or talking to you about it, and i dont mind, competition is good for everyone :) 

dave Leader
dave Apr 28 '15
question before i get too deep into this,  have you asked the dev if he can add that features your missing?   I think ethically i should give the dev first crack at it.. 
yourgoal
yourgoal Apr 29 '15
Hi Dave,

I have messaged the developer to check this url and to give his/her feedback.

Can I also ask you what could be the cost/price for the one that you will be developing. This will help me to save some money to purchase the plugin.

dave Leader
dave Apr 29 '15
If i  do one for the store, it will be under $30 i dont expect much that i do to be over that.  Lets hope we hear from the dev soon.. 
yourgoal
yourgoal May 1 '15
Hi Dave,

I got a reply from Oxwall factory stating that they will consider the features that I had requested for and will update the plugin in next few weeks.

As this is little urgent, I have requested them to get the plugin asap. Should now wait for their reply. 

dave Leader
dave May 1 '15
Yeah i got a email as well,  yeah that is great if they do it for you... i hope it all works out and glad we found a solution for you :)

Hey take that $30 you had for me and pass it to them as a bonus if they do it right away lol... maybe they will... :)

The Forum post is edited by dave May 1 '15
Michele
Michele May 10 '15
Any updates on this?! I REALLY HOPE (smile:)  I was about pulling my hair out, lol, trying to figure out how I could do something similar with the forum system, but one couldn't post different category forums in the Groups (which would be my Locations). (Still think they should consider this :P)  Need this better system to post jobs with location so baddly Asap, so I can make the decision to go with oxwall and get set to launch my network :) 

By the way has anyone tried http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1040  I couldn't tell if this puts forum categories in groups on the 'Forum page" or forum categories in groups on the "Group pages") 

yourgoal
yourgoal May 12 '15
Hi Michele,

Have sent PM to you. 

Request other users to post your requirements for this plugin (Job portal).

Ezugo Onuekwusi
Ezugo Onuekwusi Sep 7 '16
@dave please can you remake the job plugin becuse i cant buy it 
Anthony
Anthony Oct 2 '16
Yes... I'd also like this plugin again! Can't purchase it either. 
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
Unlike the Sacramento Kings–ahem–we’re here to win back your day with fast, exemplary service against the toughest adversaries. Mobile Truck Repair of Toronto
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
Our team works quickly and efficiently to get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible. Vallejo Mobile Truck Repair
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Jan 3
That’s why we offer a comprehensive fleet maintenance package that can be tailored to suit the needs of your business, regardless of the size of your fleet. Rancho Cordova Christmas Light Installation