We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Location: Country, State, City??? (Profile Questions) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Eric
Eric Feb 23 '12
Hello My Trusty Oxwallificationalistically Awesome Buddies!

I was searching and reading through various posts about adding a location field to the profile questions. I noticed the most recent posts about this were from the middle of last year, so I figured I'd bring it up again to see if there has been any progress made on allowing users to implement a location field into the profile questions? This would be INCREDIBLY helpful for me, so if you guys have already created a way to do this, can someone PLEASE let me know, otherwise, can you guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add it into your future updates, or create a plugin for it??? Please and thank you SO much!

Also, it would be cool to allow more than 31 different items in the profile question selections. Always remember....MORE....is better! lol hehehe. Alright, thanks again guys. You guys ROCK!

Etienne
Etienne Feb 25 '12
Yeah!!

It's really need now, +1 for this post!

When we will can have this?
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Feb 26 '12
Yes this would be a really nice addon
Shaun
Shaun Feb 26 '12

Although i have added my own location question to the profiles it would be good to see oxwall develope this. It ciuld then be used for things like google maps location ect ect.

Chidi
Chidi Feb 26 '12
i think it will be helpful
Bryan
Bryan Feb 27 '12
I also agree: With this enabled you can do a search for someone with in x distance. A much more practical way of searching for something along your interest.
Jeff
Jeff Feb 28 '12
I couldn't agree more. My site http://www.musicianshookup.com is definitely location oriented.
Etienne
Etienne Mar 3 '12
UP, any official answer by a member of the team?
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 8 '12
Guys, the only and the best way to make your brilliant idea to become live is posting a suggestion at oxwall.uservoice.com - the more voices your suggest gets, the higher is the chance of its development.

Personally, I agree that this idea is pretty worth implementing.

Yanan
Yanan Jun 20 '23
With Mappitall's expertise in GIS in agriculture , harness the power of geospatial data for precision agriculture. Their tailored solutions offer farmers advanced mapping, crop monitoring, and yield prediction tools, optimizing resource allocation and increasing productivity. Choose Mappitall to drive efficiency and sustainable practices in the agricultural sector. I was satisfied with the result of our work!
The Forum post is edited by Yanan Jun 20 '23