We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

imposible to read sent attachments via a chat | Forum

Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
Hello

Could anybody pls.help to clarify a following issue?

I cannot send any attachment via a chat to another member. I tried jpg, png, txt and it looked is did not transfer the files at all.  The recipient received a message saying there are attachments to open but after clicking on the sent file nothing opened with the following error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at support@exohosting.sk to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I use rev.1.7.3. 

Thanks & Regards

Martin
Attachments:
  CHAT-ISSUE.JPG (15Kb)
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
Hi, sorry your having issues i will try to help here. 

First i would check in your admin area under settings -> user settings and check the options there. (content input tab)  Makes sure under file attachment section that your attachment ext is listed, you should see  txt jpg jpeg png listed in there. 

Then check your messages plugin settings and make sure that mails and chat is selected

Then check your permissions on your ow_userfiles directory, it should be 777 recursive which means that it and everything under it should be 777

if all of that checks out then let me know and we can dig deeper. 

thanks

dave

Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
Hello, thanks for your quick feedback, I have just checked the suggested items and it seems it does not work. All is enabled and I changed the folder including files rights to 777

Thank you

Martin
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
PM me the link to the image please...   
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
ok thanks, your server is blocking the image not Oxwall, contact your host to find out why your images are being blocked.  You might have a peek at your htaccess to see if there is a rule in there blocking images.  But yes contact your host i think they have the answer for you.  

Let us know please. 

dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
oh and one more question, are  you using the attachments plugin?
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
hi, actually not.  Which plugin would suit the best? Doyou think this is the case?
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
Or could it be something with htaccess file?

Also I am wondering whether /ow_userfiles/plugins/mailbox/attachments/ is visible from outside by non-loged users.  Because the link contains this path and I am wondering what security implications it could have if any.
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
no it should work without it.  i was just asking 
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
and that image is from inside your site?   i mean your not trying to attach an outside domain image are you?
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
All files ( txt, png and jpg ) I tried to attach by uploading from my desktop.
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
Also I did not notice any upload stream when I tried larger files....
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
I an give you an access to demo acount so we can try if you would have time :)
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
no i dont like having access im not a team member so let me give this some thought... mmmm  
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
have you tracked down the actual file in the directory to be sure it is 777
dave Leader
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
I reviewed your recent link, I checked  libraries/wideimage/Mapper/PNG.php and the current code in the php file is fixed.
I checked the content of FTP, yes the files have been physically uploaded albeit still not accessible to recipients.
Attachments:
  files in ftp.JPG (63Kb)
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '15
have you heard back from your host yet?    Im still thinking about this but while we wait we might as well have them look to.. it would not hurt
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Apr 17 '15
all files are having 777.  I am writing to my host now. Let´s see tomorrow.

BTW which attachment plugin did you mean before?

Thanks
Martin
Pages: 1 2 »