We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo plugin problem | Forum

Umair
Umair Apr 20 '15
When I click a photo in the newsfeed, it only shows the photo. comments area and share buttons are not shown. See attached file
Attachments:
  photo-error.png (566Kb)
ross Team
ross Apr 20 '15
Switch to the default theme and check again if the issue persists
Umair
Umair Apr 21 '15
Issue persists even after switching
ross Team
ross Apr 21 '15
PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, please. I'll take a look at the issue. 
Umair
Umair Apr 21 '15
plz check
ross Team
ross Apr 21 '15
Have you disabled uploading to the newsfeed photo on your website?

Umair
Umair Apr 21 '15
no
Unus
Unus Mar 17 '16
I am having the same issue when I view an image from the photo collection of any user.

I can't enter any comments. I have enabled/allowed comments for each roles in the system.

any idea how to investigate farther?

thanks

ross Team
ross Mar 21 '16
Unus, please provide screenshot how do you view the image. What do you mean by photo collection of a user? 

What do you mean by you can enter any comments? You don't see the area for comments or what? 

Unus
Unus Mar 21 '16
photo collection of a user.

each user can upload photos right? and organize them into collections/albums.

no, I do not see the area for comments. 

so, how should I investigate this farther?

Quote from ross Unus, please provide screenshot how do you view the image. What do you mean by photo collection of a user? 

What do you mean by you can enter any comments? You don't see the area for comments or what? 

ross Team
ross Mar 21 '16
I need to look at the issue on your site, as we cannot reproduce that on our side. Please share your URL. 

I can only think of the css changes, probably you hide the comment area by mistake. 

Unus
Unus Mar 22 '16
hmmm, that's a good lead. thank you Ross. I will take a closer look, if I can't figure out I will come back. 

take care.