We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

MAMP install error | Forum

Megan
Megan Apr 21 '15
I downloaded the current version of the Oxwall software and installed on my mac using MAMP 3.1

Upon installation I get the error
"Could not connect to Database
dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '15
These two links should help you 

removed it was wamp

removed it was wamp

if you still need assistance let us know thanks 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 21 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '15
sorry you did say mamp oops one sec

sorry i cannot find any info on that.  Youll have to wait for a team member they will be in the office in a few hours. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 21 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 22 '15
Megan, I believe this happens on the step where you have to indicate your Database access details, instead of "localhost" for the Host field, try 127.0.0.1

Keep us updated. 

Megan
Megan Apr 23 '15

Yes, I am running into this problem when it asks me for the database information. 

I doubled checked my /etc/hosts file and localhost does indeed point to 127.0.0.1

I tried to use the 127.0.0.1 in the host settings and got a new error.  I got the same error when using 127.0.0.1:8888 as the host

"Could not connect to DatabaseError: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused"

ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
Megan, are you using a Socket to access the database?  Connection Refused, in my head, means the SQL database was either offline or being accessed incorrectly.  Perhaps an incorrect port or socket path?
Megan
Megan May 9 '15
Ross - thank you for the reply.  I've had to kind of abondon this since it was too frustrating and holding me up. I am just setting up the template using the installation with my hosting company. I don't like templating this way - I just don't feel I have another option at this point.  This is my first Oxwall powered site that I am working with.  I have never had an issue setting up Wordpress & joomla sites using my mac & MAMP.

ross Team
ross May 12 '15
Megan, I'm sorry, what do you mean by templating? Do you mean you install the software online not locally?
Megan
Megan May 20 '15
I was meaning that I was customizing the template and making it be what I want.  

I've given up trying to install oxwall on MAMP.  I'm at a loss and need to move forward.  Currently, I am installing the oxwall software to a subdomain on arvixe so I can make changes to the template without interrupting my testers. 

I like to have a testing environment anyway.  Eventually when the company starts wanting a paid site, I am going to need it.