We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

.HTACCESS ISSUES | Forum

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 23 '15
I got ampps to work, now is there a cpanel I can use instead of plesk to like host other members. For example lets say I might want to donate something to oxwall
ross Team
ross Apr 23 '15
I'm sorry I don't understand your request. 

What do you mean by hosting other members?

JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 23 '15
http://www.sentora.org/

http://www.ispconfig.org/page/home.html

http://www.webmin.com/windows.html

those are all free web hosting control panels. This is far off topic for Oxwall but All i can point you to. There are several Youtube videos on these panel. Sentora use to be zpanel.

I wish u best of luck in learning this info and hope it gets you to where u want to be.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Apr 23 '15
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 23 '15
Ok, So I'm doing away with the darn windows server as it's causing issues with apache and plesk and IIS services, I have ordered a linux server with apache pre installed and plesk :D So waiting for setup then will transfer files
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
bobby u will love it..... i said bye bye windows a long time ago and never looked back.  
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 25 '15
It's great I got everything completely working and the core updated and all the plugins, it's running really smoothly, however now I need to figure out how to install red5 on the server for the a/v chats and also I seem to be having a type of issue with one of my sites, www.cprworldwidemedia.net it seems to be when you click sign in or join a pop up will come up sometimes like a link has inserted it's self there. Any ideas on that?
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
dont know about the red5 but if your talking about this text link here above your logo

im sure that is your site name from your admin settings main settings.   youll have to edit the main default html pages in the theme folder for that.  Just comment out the link there

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 25 '15
No, I see that, but thanks for that tip I was curious about that, also the "sign-in" button in the top right hand corner seems to open a like ad page that I never put there as you can see it looks highlighted compared to the others,
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
oh i see now your signin is subdued like greyed out.. and it goes to 

adcash.com/script/packcpm.php.......

strange

dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
could be adware ucp ?

yeah some kind of malware, this is not exactly the same but its under the same umbrella. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning/how-to-get-rid-of-adcashcomjswjsfornet-pop-up/7ed0c602-c49b-46db-91c8-4e0baaf64ec0

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 25 '15
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 25 '15
Could be, is there a way to remove t his off of here? I'm unsure of how it really got there, as far as I was aware everything was running smoothly and I think someone tried to attack our site.
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
your gonna have to run adwarecleaner or one of the other well known adware software in order to detect it and remove it.   You can try malwarebytes, its good.  

It could have gotten there tons of ways, someone clicked on a link it got attached to the browser and that was that.   That why they say to be carefull what links you click on before you click.   And always have some kind of adware checker running at all times, the same as you would a anti virus program.   They are both very important defenses. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 25 '15
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 25 '15
I do have malwarebytes pro is there a certain way to scan my site with it to remove it? And if it's removed for me, would it be for other?
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
i dont know because i dont use that, and im not sure.  Remember i could be wrong it might not be but it looks like it is. 
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 25 '15
I ran scan it didn't detect anything
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
ok lets see what a team member says tomorrow night.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4